Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Electric seat problems

Old 02-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric seat problems

I have a 2000 WS6, for some reason today my driver side lumbar and side support stopped working, when you operate the ds switch it activates the passanger seat lumber and side support but the two functions only make noise, they do not operate.The pass. seat operates normal when the switches are activated. The forward and reverse switch on the ds. operates normal but there are no noises or nothing from the ds. seat when the lumbar and side support switches are operated. I haven't done a thing to the car, it just randomly started doing this today. Any ideas?
Old 02-13-2005, 07:32 PM
12 Second Club

My power seat stops working from time to time, give it a couple days and it might come back on again.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Procircuit155
I have a 2000 WS6, for some reason today my driver side lumbar and side support stopped working, when you operate the ds switch it activates the passanger seat lumber and side support but the two functions only make noise, they do not operate.The pass. seat operates normal when the switches are activated. The forward and reverse switch on the ds. operates normal but there are no noises or nothing from the ds. seat when the lumbar and side support switches are operated. I haven't done a thing to the car, it just randomly started doing this today. Any ideas?
I have the same problem with the TA seats i installed in my car. My drivers side seat works fine but the pass side just makes noise for a sec or two and then stops.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

The wierd thing is that the pass. seat is receiving the inputs from the ds seat switches and this just started happening. I haven't touched anything on the car that would cause the seats to do this. I would think that each seat is wired to receive a direct input from each indiv. switch but apparently not.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:12 PM
Staging Lane

I'd like to get a schematic so i can fix this possibly
Old 02-13-2005, 10:34 PM
TECH Resident

Move the sit all the way forward and all the way up, then look up behind it and see if the air tube is still hooked up (its 2 clear tubes about 1/2 around each) that what was the matter with mine. -Jim
Old 02-14-2005, 12:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 12stones
Move the sit all the way forward and all the way up, then look up behind it and see if the air tube is still hooked up (its 2 clear tubes about 1/2 around each) that what was the matter with mine. -Jim
Mine has 2 black hoses and 1 clear hose. Does anybody know what order they go on in? I had all mine unhooked when i was installing seatcovers. I'm wondering if i have the order of them jacked up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Electric seat problems