Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

In Process of Recovering Camaro Seats...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In Process of Recovering Camaro Seats...

I took the old leather covers off, and am installing Katzkins. I read cgworths writeup on here concerning his TA seats where spray adhesive was needed. The SS seats are all just held on my velcro--will it be okay just to put them back on the way they were before?
Old 02-28-2005, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BoneSS
I took the old leather covers off, and am installing Katzkins. I read cgworths writeup on here concerning his TA seats where spray adhesive was needed. The SS seats are all just held on my velcro--will it be okay just to put them back on the way they were before?

Mostly velcro, but put glue on the bottom rears to help them conform to the seat cushion.

We also put glue on the rear back at the center(where there is one small piec of velcro) to insure that they do not bubble out after time.

Ours look great man. Any questions just let me know.

Chris
Old 02-28-2005, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

You just put it on the places where factory seats had the perforations, correct? Thanks!
Old 02-28-2005, 04:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone ever taken a Camaro or FB seat carcass and done a complete rebuild so the seat is like a racing seat...you know..add higher side bolsters.....that way you could have a racing seat..but with the electric adjustibility of te stock seat