Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Stripes on my SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 08:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stripes on my SS

I was going to put stripes on my SS and I was wondering how to put them on. Do you have a dealership put them on? Thanks for any replies
Old 03-17-2005, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

if you don't know what you are doing I recommend that you take it to a body shop. Its pretty straight forward though.... figure out exactly where you want the decals and remove any wax from the car with liquid DAWN or alcohol then wet the car down with soapy water and position them where you want them, then just squeegee out the water and air bubbles.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ddelallata
if you don't know what you are doing I recommend that you take it to a body shop. Its pretty straight forward though.... figure out exactly where you want the decals and remove any wax from the car with liquid DAWN or alcohol then wet the car down with soapy water and position them where you want them, then just squeegee out the water and air bubbles.
Thanks a lot man!
Old 03-17-2005, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah, if they are on a pretty flat surface, no compound curves or anything you can do it yourself if you are patient. but if you dont have the know how, i say take it to a vinyl shop, they can put them on as well. but if you want to do it, just remember to keep them we at all times, and have a hair dryer handy if you have any curves, heating the vinyl slightly will help negotiate those curves better. also, dont worry if there are tiny bubbles left under the vinyl, you cant get them out, but when you leave it out in the sun for a few days they will go away as the solution you sprayed on it evaporates through the vinyl, it will lay flat. good luck, what kind of stripes did you get?
Old 03-18-2005, 12:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by abadss
yeah, if they are on a pretty flat surface, no compound curves or anything you can do it yourself if you are patient. but if you dont have the know how, i say take it to a vinyl shop, they can put them on as well. but if you want to do it, just remember to keep them we at all times, and have a hair dryer handy if you have any curves, heating the vinyl slightly will help negotiate those curves better. also, dont worry if there are tiny bubbles left under the vinyl, you cant get them out, but when you leave it out in the sun for a few days they will go away as the solution you sprayed on it evaporates through the vinyl, it will lay flat. good luck, what kind of stripes did you get?
I got some 35th stripes. I think I might just take it to a body shop and have them do it because if I try to put the stripes on the spoiler it won't be aligned with the ones on the hood.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:33 AM
Teching In

If you dont mind me asking, where did you get the 35th stripes??? I cant seem to find them and am thinking the dealership will want an arm and a leg. How much do they go for??? Thanks!

Quick Reply: Stripes on my SS