Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Whiteface install issue (please help)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 12:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whiteface install issue (please help)

Ok.. we're installing my whiteface gauges overlays on my 99Z and we've run into an issue. I took it for a spin after we put the needles back on and the speedometer needle worked. Now I put the bezel (which I bought from Teri9672) on the thing, and everything back into place and went down the street and the damn needle didn't work. I've loosened the needle thinking that it might have been to tight took it for a spin and no go.

Has anyone seen this issue before? If so how did they fix it. The only way to get the bezel on the car is to set the needle to 80mph put the bezel on and then start the car letting the car drop the needle to the bottom. Unless that is wrong and I need to do something else, but with the needle at the bottom I can't get teh bezel on.

Anyone out there help? Please oh please

Thanks.

Last edited by pailheadz28; 04-23-2005 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

The ones I bought you didn't need to remove the needles, but I did have a hard time getting the T/A bezel on without "catching" the needles. I needed about five hands! What I ended up doing was turning the key on, and the small needles went up, turned the key off, then holding the speedo needle up and snapping the bezel on. I had to do it a few times before I timed it right but it worked. When I re-read this is sounds kinda strange, but thats what I remeber doing.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:42 AM
Launching!

Ok well I hit the highway and found that my frigg'n speedometer is around 30mph off. Ok how can I fix that?

Anyone?
Old 04-24-2005, 10:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Guesstimate All you can do is pull the needle and adjust over and over until you get it close enough.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

make sure the needles are not under the needle stops or tabs at the left side of the gauges? That's the only thing I can think of?? The bezel itself should not cause any problems with how the gauges work. It basically just a decorative piece and has no real function??

Quick Reply: Whiteface install issue (please help)