Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Door trim removal

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door trim removal

Hey guys, I was wondering how easy it is to remove the plastic strip that is on the doors of Trans Ams. Is it held on with an adhesive or does it have little brackets?

I was also wondering, since my car is a '98 model, will the paint be brighter behind this trimdue to the rest of the paint fading over the years making this a bad idea?

I have seen a couple of T/A's without this piece and i think it looks really nice, like the yellow one on the Dominance poster.

Let me know what you guys think.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out this thread about door moulding removal (the plastic strip on the doors) https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/311822-need-pic-s-t-s-side-moldings-removed.html
Old 04-28-2005, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2K2WS6TA
Check out this thread about door moulding removal (the plastic strip on the doors) https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311822

Thanks that helps a ton!!!

Still one questioin though, will i be able to see a difference in the paint from where the molding was, i mean the car is 7 years old... wow that sounds wierd, never realized it was that old... poor thing.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:56 PM
TECH Addict

Alot depends on the color and where you live, red tends to fade more than say white, and a car in Oregon will have less sun fading (on average) than one from Arizona
I did mine last week, and honestly I can't even tell it ever had mouldings (black 02)
Old 04-28-2005, 05:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2K2WS6TA
Alot depends on the color and where you live, red tends to fade more than say white, and a car in Oregon will have less sun fading (on average) than one from Arizona
I did mine last week, and honestly I can't even tell it ever had mouldings (black 02)

hmmm well then things arent looking to good for me, my car is red and I live in Texas.

Should I risk it and do it? Or do you think it will actually be that noticable if the paint has faded some?
Old 04-28-2005, 06:29 PM
TECH Addict

Take them off, you can always put them back, it's just 3m double sided tape (available at your local autoparts store) holding them on, no holes, no brackets, just the tape,
Old 07-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Has anyone removed the trim off an SS camaro?? If so please post pictures.

Quick Reply: Door trim removal