Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

dent removal?

Old 05-22-2005, 10:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dent removal?

Well, my dumbass friends like to set my car alarm off while they are in the parking lot. They push on my left rear fender to make it go off. I was waxing it yesterday and i noticed in bright sunlight and looking at a shallow angle, you ca see 3 or 4 silver dollar size dimples where they put their weight on the car. I was pissed! They are not noticable looking dents, but the paint bends the light diffrently in those areas so you can tell. Is there any way to fix this? Anyone ever try one of those pop-a-dent things?
Old 05-22-2005, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Please do a search. I've answered this question many times.

The Pops-a-Dent is a joke. A) You can't just pull a dent and it will come out perfectly B) The way the device is made can leave you with two dents where the arms sit on the panel and 1 high spot where the initial dent used to be.

Take it to a paintless dent removal company. Call your favorite bodyshop and ask them who they sub their PDR stuff to.

The dry ice method is also a myth. I should call Myth Busters to get proof.

Last edited by Tech; 05-23-2005 at 09:03 PM.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:59 AM
TECH Veteran

The dry ice method is not a myth.
Either that or I had "magical" dry ice, a four fold towel and magic hair dryer as well to remove two dents the same size.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:06 PM
TECH Addict

I've tried the Dent removal thing from Autozone for $20. It took ALOT of work and about 15 times of gluing/prying the dent out but in the end it was alot less noticable. I save give it a try first before you do anything else.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fa18007
Well, my dumbass friends like to set my car alarm off while they are in the parking lot. They push on my left rear fender to make it go off. I was waxing it yesterday and i noticed in bright sunlight and looking at a shallow angle, you ca see 3 or 4 silver dollar size dimples where they put their weight on the car. I was pissed! They are not noticable looking dents, but the paint bends the light diffrently in those areas so you can tell. Is there any way to fix this? Anyone ever try one of those pop-a-dent things?
Two ?'s are you heading to the G9 (Gathering 9) in Atlanta this weekend? If so my buddy owns dent works (he does a great job took a dent out of my rear 1/4 that a shopping cart did he spent 2.5 hours on it) if not he is located in Orlando email me if you want his info he will do a great job getting them out.

Sean
Old 05-23-2005, 07:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

I wasn't planning on going to the meet in Atlanta. I have other plans. But yeah I would like to know the name and number of the guy in orlando and some average prices. Thanks!
Old 05-23-2005, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GEARHED
The dry ice method is not a myth.
Either that or I had "magical" dry ice, a four fold towel and magic hair dryer as well to remove two dents the same size.
You have neither. I'd be willing to bet a trained eye would fine it in a heartbeat. Steel has some memory to it but it won't just pop back in place. If anything, you just have a larger dent (wave) now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: dent removal?