Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Billet Grill Mounting Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Billet Grill Mounting Questions

I just got a billet grill and am wondering how they are supposed to be mounted. Mine didn't come with any instructions or equipment since I bought it used. Should I use screws or bolts? Is it a good idea to make some rubber washers for it also? Thanks for any help.

P.S. I am at my parents house with dial up right now so please don't tell me to search cause it is to slow. Thanks
Old 05-24-2005, 11:43 AM
12 Second Club

I put my billet grill over the stock black plastic one and used screws and mounted the grill to that. The way it is supposed to be done is remove the the factory black insert and install the grill where the insert was. I liked the black out look with the factory piece left behind it, so I didn't remove it. If you mount it over the stock grill no washers are really needed, but if you remove it then I would use some rubber ones to keep the paint from scratching.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I removed my stock grill by pulling up on the bottom of the black plastic insert, bending the metal clips with a slotted screwdriver. And then bent the top retaining clips in a similar manner. Then I centered my billet grille in the grille opening marked and drilled four holes with a 1/8th bit and just screwed the billet in without any rubber washers or anything, and I havent had any problems. Good Luck.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Take off the POS plastic grille...and paint the area where it was with rustoleum semi gloss black, then hold the grille up where need be, mark holes, and just use screws to get it in.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 94formulabird
Take off the POS plastic grille...and paint the area where it was with rustoleum semi gloss black, then hold the grille up where need be, mark holes, and just use screws to get it in.
That what I did with mine. Very easy, no problems after 2 years.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 94formulabird
Thanks for the help everyone. And why the paint?

Quick Reply: Billet Grill Mounting Questions