Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Best Hood...

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Hood...

I need opinions on the best hood, both appearance and functionality. Also, what exactly are the benefits and drawbacks of pin on and bolt on hoods and what are each best for. I want to say I would like a pin on, because I like the look of the pins, but if that is a bad idea, someone please tell me haha. Any opinions on Glasstek? Seemingly good prices on pin-on hoods. :-\ Someone please enlighten me... thanks

Kyle
Old 06-02-2005, 09:52 PM
TECH Junkie

I dont care for pin ons w/ a street car (altho there's a few exceptions). Unless its a devoted race car where it needs the pins, I'd say go w/ a hood that bolts in place of the stock hood.

Glasstek's a good company. I cant speak of them personally, but I know a few ppl w/ their hoods and they speak favorably of them. Of course, there's VFN, Suncoast, ASCD (American Sports Car Designs) as well as a few others. Mecham hoods tend to have a good look, but a crappy finish/fitment according to a few members reviews. Suncoast is about mixed, my buddy had an ASCD cowl hood on his 95 Z and said there was nothing wrong w/ it.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

Cool... thanks for the info... I think it will be glasstek... good price and good rep from what I have heard as well... thanks
Old 06-02-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Junkie

No prob. Ask around w/ some of the sponsers, they might be able to get you an even better price (being I dunno where you're gettin the hood from).