Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Anyone have the Year One CF Dash Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005 | 10:25 PM
On The Tree

Default Anyone have the Year One CF Dash Kit?

I can't find any info on this kit, it's only about 200 bucks for fake CF (real is only a bit more). is it a flat kit or a molded kit? what 9 pieces?

if you got any pics to share, that would be really cool

Last edited by 00Pontiac; 07-01-2005 at 02:10 AM.
Old 06-30-2005 | 11:31 PM
TECH Resident

i second this please let us know
Old 07-05-2005 | 03:06 PM
On The Tree

I talked to a tech at YearOne... some of the pieces include power door/window plate, traction control plate, radio bezel, dash bezel, center console...

He couldn't say for sure, but he thinks it's a molded kit, said he wouldn't think a company like YearOne would sell a flat kit (his opinion of the glue on flat kits is like my own), and if they did send a flat kit I could get my money back without any restocking fee (good policy). If he had a kit to lay his hands on he would have told me for sure (so I suppose shipping from YearOne would be a bit slow as, apparently, they'll have to order it first from their vendor before shipping it to me.

My last question, as to the color of the epoxy being used, he couldn't answer at all, as again, no kit to look at in stock. So if it comes in yellow and not black (or dark gray) I can still send it back.

So, we're just risking the price of shipping by ordering. not bad.... sure wish I could just pick this stuff up locally...

No one has any pics??? or info??? I'll gladly host your images on my personal website if you do.
Old 07-06-2005 | 05:11 PM
TECH Addict

Did you happen to find out any further info on the kit?
Old 07-06-2005 | 10:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Shoot I've looked at the kit and thought about ordering it but I didn't want to be stuck with a flat kit
Old 07-07-2005 | 02:12 AM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
Shoot I've looked at the kit and thought about ordering it but I didn't want to be stuck with a flat kit
Exactly the same thing I was thinking.

I just can't see how it's a molded kit for half the price comparable molded kits run eg. the Camaro kit from RKsport
Old 07-07-2005 | 07:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, probably because RKSport drastically overcharges for all of their items.

On a more serious note, though, $200 IS very low. When I was talking about getting parts of my interior covered in carbon fiber, it was 75 cents per square inch. The console shifter plate alone was like $150.

Quick Reply: Anyone have the Year One CF Dash Kit?