Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Anyone else have problems with WS9 hood install???

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005 | 11:36 PM
Teching In

Unhappy Anyone else have problems with WS9 hood install???

Hi everyone, I was fortunate enough (maybe, maybe not) to get one of the last WS9 hoods from USExotics, before Roger ceased production. I don't know if I got an early prototype that was laying around, or one from a messed up batch, but I finally got around to putting it on last night... it fits like ***!!!! It looks like the bottom half was not lined up with the top half, and the hood is in a hell of a bind. It sets about an inch too high on the driver side above the headlight, and is gapped at the front enough to put my finger between the hood and front fender. I started working on it last night, but it's gonna take a lot of shaving/building to get it looking halfway decent. Don't get me wrong, I love the hood, and if I can fix it, it's gonna look killer on my TA, but damn it's gonna take alot to get it there! Has anyone else had fitting problems from the WS9 hood? I bought it because everyone raves about how good Roger's products are, and like I said, it's a great looking hood. Anyway, post up if you've had problems with the fitting at install, and what you had to do to fix it. Thanks!
Old 07-04-2005 | 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

ws9 has ceased production?!?! damn it just when i was gonna buy one. Neways Let roger know your problem and im sure he'll be glad to help. Remember hood installation can be tough regardless of how well the hood was constructed.
Old 07-04-2005 | 12:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

I think he meant that roger ceased the production of his ws9 hood. I'm sure you can still get it from other sources.
Old 07-04-2005 | 12:56 AM
TECH Regular

as of this monent, you cannot get a ws9 anywhere else......
Old 07-04-2005 | 02:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

ws9 hoods were only made by roger anyways, so the only way to get your hands on em now is used....which is a fat chance and sucks
Old 07-04-2005 | 03:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Lovin mine. Hood installs are hard no matter what hood your installing on what car. With my car I had to play with the hood heigth adjusters and then play with the headlight mounting, pain in the ***.

Quick Reply: Anyone else have problems with WS9 hood install???