Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

cleaning exterior question

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 04:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cleaning exterior question

on my hood of my black TA there seems to be what looks like something was spilled on it when it was in the shop. im dealing with them as we speak but if they dont come thru what is the best most safest way to get a stain off of the hood w/o getting it repainted.

it seems to be trans fluid or brake fluid of some kind or something like that i guess.. i dont know exactly.

i tried waxing and buffing it out but nothing at all except that it just shines with abunch of shitty lookin water marks that dont go away.

any help would be very appreciated. pm me with answers too if u like

steve
Old 07-06-2005, 11:52 AM
TECH Addict

Well I hate to say this, but depending on the type of fluid spilled on it and how long it was on there, it may have messed up your hood. Was the paint fresh? Because fresh paint is like a sponge: it pulls things down into it very well such as water spots (that won't go away).

Even if it wasn't fresh, it could still ruin your hood. I see in your signature that it is a WS6, so that means your hood is fiberglass. On my SS hood (also fiberglass), it seems that there was some dhemical possibly used or spilled on it. As a result, it seeped into the fiberglass and now the hood will not hold paint on it sometimes.

Just letting you know. Try to take care of it as soon as you possibly can. If it's down in the paint, make that shop pay to have your hood stripped back down to the fiberglass to check to see how far down the fluid went. If it went down into the fiberglass you may be out of luck, but it's hard to say. But make that shop strip it back down and repaint it. Good luck.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:34 PM
11 Second Club

ok will do

i called them and they are going to ask some employees what happened so i will hear from them later in the day.

will kepp yall posted.

any other advice would be appreciated.

thanks

steve
Old 07-09-2005, 01:59 AM
11 Second Club

nobody else?
Old 07-09-2005, 10:25 AM
TECH Addict

try a clay bar or a buffer with a wool pad on it. use a kinda harsh compound. it will swirl it up first. then change to a swirl pad with a finer compound and add a little water to it (keeps the heat down) and polish it out with that. might work.