Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

front fascia repaint or replace?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front fascia repaint or replace?

Whoever had my car before me didn't spend much time washing the bugs off the front. Right now it looks like bug splatter on the front, but when you get up close, there aren't any bugs and its almost as if the bugs sat in the sun on the paint and baked away some of the clearcoat. The permanent marks that are left look exactly like bug splatter, its really something. Anyway, The rest of the car looks great so I was wondering how much an (at least) stock quality paint job on the front fascia and headlight covers would cost. Like I said, no Maaco paint jobs, but I'd settle for a good factory job. Anyone? thanks for the help
Old 07-10-2005, 12:00 AM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have it repainted. Just make sure they remove the bumper from the car and strip it down to the bare surface, reprime and paint.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

You don't have to replace it just have a reputable body shop repaint it for you.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:30 AM
TECH Resident

What's the best way to get the bugs off and to keep them from damaging your paint? What if you can't wash it after driving it.... jw cause mine keeps getting COATED in bugs and It's being a pita to get off..
Old 07-10-2005, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

well, I hate using a lebra, but if you plan on doing a lot of night driving, its probably a good move, especially on the highway. Bugs hitting the front of the car at 80 are going to leave permanent marks eventually no matter how hard you scrub. I don't really experience any problems with bugs during day driving, maybe a few here and there, but nothing bad. As far as products go, I don't think any one is that much better than the others.

Also, how much do you think a repaint of the front fascia and headlight covers would cost?
Old 07-10-2005, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I drove down to my buddies apartments one night with a few friends. I had my car and driving through the pines at 80-90mph for two hours was killer for a lot of bugs and my front bumper. Anyway I left them on there for about two weeks in 90 degree weather and it was hard to get them off once I decided to wash my car, but I just kept scrubbing lightly for about a half hour and used a lot of soap, but they finally came off with no damage to the paint, but my car is pewter metallic so that may hide it slightly. Also I had to get my front bumper repainted on my 94 T/A and it cost $250 at my g/f's uncle's body shop, it was worth the money over a cheapy maaco paint job.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

Be careful who you have paint the front, since its a plastic material it will be harder to match the paint.

Quick Reply: front fascia repaint or replace?