Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Whistler headlight mod... with a twist

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 07:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wouldnt say 'everything' on that car looks good... but alot of the stuff does...
Old 07-17-2005, 04:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 00PewterSS
Well it isn't the first... looks good on this car!! Well everything looks good on this car.

Brian
Or not. Those flames are overkill and those wheels..ugh don't even get me started.

Just my opinion though.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:29 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ritz
Or not. Those flames are overkill and those wheels..ugh don't even get me started.

Just my opinion though.

Old 08-12-2005, 08:45 AM
TECH Regular

here's mine, body-colored. silver is really subtle. it's kinda hard to tell but i think it looks good.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, I STILL haven't had a chance to take some better quality pictures... Believe it or not, I really am that busy. I haven't forgotten yet though!
Old 08-15-2005, 10:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like it. Especially that car that "everything looks good" I guess I prefer a more subtle aproach. Props for trying it, and it looks as if many people like it.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I have to disagree here, I don't like it.

With the lack of the grill up front and body matching headlights, the front of the car looks really washed out. Like an LT1 camaro without black under the headlights...like a girl without mascara. I think painting the housings black and adding a black SLP grill up front would make it really stand out a lot more.

This is mine:

Old 08-16-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know if anyone noticed, but procarparts is now selling LS1 style headlights that have been "whistler modified" for lack of a better description, they paint them.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by keliente
I think I have to disagree here, I don't like it.

With the lack of the grill up front and body matching headlights, the front of the car looks really washed out. Like an LT1 camaro without black under the headlights...like a girl without mascara. I think painting the housings black and adding a black SLP grill up front would make it really stand out a lot more.
Originally Posted by LS1 Sounds
Before this mod, the car didn't look too bad with the amber markers but the car REALLY needs clear markers now for sure. I'm also thinking about getting a grill from the guy that sells them on eBay. He wants a fortune for shipping though.
I would agree with the dark grey accents on the grill and headlights for my car if I had any other dark accents on the car (besides the black roof). My polished wheels should go great with the polished grille though.

Once upon a time, I was thinking about doing gunmetal ZR1s with gunmetal headlights and accents but then I found a deal on my polished ZR1s and haven't looked back since. I'll take more pictures as soon as I can get the car cleaned up, it's filthy from a business trip last week.