Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

pin on hood?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 10:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pin on hood?

Thinking of going w/ a pin on hood from vfn. Mostly for the weight reduction but also to do something different. I'm thinking of going w/ the stock style z28 hood in the pin on model.
Question is, how much modification is required to have this setup. How much for the pins or kit or whatever I need? I know some of you have pin-ons! Pics would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-18-2005, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You'll need enough "quarter-turn fasteners" to go down the sides and front of the hood. You can find them at summitracing, jegs, etc. etc. You can get them in kits, you'll need the fasteners and the plates that attach to the body that the fasteners connect to.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:27 PM
Launching!

what about the hood. Can you get a template of some sort as to where to drill the holes. I was planning on using only 4 pins. That should be enough, shouldn't it? Thanks
Old 07-18-2005, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Personally I've never done a pin on hood and I imagine you'll just have to measure the distance between the holes yourself.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

build your mounts on the car *you will use the zues fastenrs* then put like a marbles down in the hole where the fasteners pin on. now put something like glue or anything white liquidy that won't dry up real quick on the marbles (i used white lotion because thats all i had). now.... have a buddy you trust take one side while you take the other and put the hood down where you want it to be while not touching the marbles yet (hover over it). once you get it positioned how you like it, put the hood down. now lift it straight up and you should see the 4 dots on the side you need. you can now take the hood off, flip it over in the grass, and drill the holes out. i also put one on the nose of the hood since i've got a ws6 and it will (hopefully) get alot of air/pressure caught in it

Quick Reply: pin on hood?