Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Am I the only one hating on this??

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 04:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Knowing what T/A should look like, Its not something I would do personally if it were my car. But now if i was just some average joe driving down the street and I saw that, I think Id be blown way. I guess its up to the owner and who he's looking to impress. There's many more people in this world who dont know what an F-Body is letalone when one's being discraced (not that I feel this is a discrace, just saying). Personally, Im in no position to criticize his car. Im sure it gets all the attention that he wanted.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not my style.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

bgghgjhj

Last edited by HFLDtA; 03-02-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:55 PM
Launching!

That is a damn tragedy!
Old 07-26-2005, 05:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meissenation
Yeah, cause we all know a custom paint job is rice...
WTF are you talking about? Everyone in this thread is screaming rice!!!!!

Umm, the side stripe is just a custom version of a hockey stripe? It's thicker, starts on the hood, and swooshes down where the mirror is just like a camaro hockey stripe, and from the looks of the picture it's hard to tell since it's dark, but it looks like it then fades out at the end.
It may be a "version" of the hockey stripe, but it is by far the UGLIEST version known to exist. The black accents were overdone, and then some. Are you just afraid to admit you like it, because your a ricer?
Old 07-26-2005, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The fact that anyone would associate a unique paint job with rice is not only unbelievable, but just shows how ignorant that person is. If you want to title it, title it gawdy or ugly, but saying it looks like rice because of a custom paint job, you look like a tool.

I openly said in one of the first posts that I thought it looked good, I'm not afraid to admit that I like things DIFFERENT. I'd much, much rather see something like this T/A than the other clones that don't do anything to the appearance of their car except maybe get a new set of rims, lower it, and call it a day. Amen for someone walking down the path less walked on, and props for having the guts to do it. It's freshness and uniqueness that I love to see on an FBody when there's so many others that are exactly the same. I'd much rather do something different to my car that isn't what the general population likes, or else I wouldn't have my Z-Roc / Stinger hood. I bought it just because no one else likes it. Then again, if I wanted to be a tool like most of the people on FBody websites, I'd have an SS hood and spoiler, no ground effects, a Berger panel, and a set of chrome wheels.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:21 PM
TECH Resident

That thing looks like a giant ******* lava lamp.

UGLY.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

if I wanted to be a tool like most of the people on FBody websites, I'd have an SS hood and spoiler, no ground effects, a Berger panel, and a set of chrome wheels.
oooohhh...
Old 07-26-2005, 07:14 PM
TECH Resident

No I took another look and that thing definitely looks like a bag of ********.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

I like everything except the wavy stripe down the side. I like how the nostrils are red and the rest is black.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 07-26-2005, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

This is a joke .... Right????
That is not a real car...

Old 07-26-2005, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I would not do it some of it is kinda cool I think he went a little overboard, maybe if he used a different shade of red and not black with that contrast of color.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:18 PM
TECH Resident

the wavy part on the side is making
me seasick
ehh to each their own though i guess
Old 07-26-2005, 09:22 PM
11 Second Club

i don't like it, it's not what i think a trans am should look like it should be sleek and clean, just straight up muscle
Old 07-26-2005, 09:39 PM
Banned

Umm, the side stripe is just a custom version of a hockey stripe? It's thicker, starts on the hood, and swooshes down where the mirror is just like a camaro hockey stripe, and from the looks of the picture it's hard to tell since it's dark, but it looks like it then fades out at the end.
I have never seen a hockey stick in that shape
Old 07-26-2005, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZEEMAN
I have never seen a hockey stick in that shape
the ref should definitely call a penalty
Old 07-26-2005, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I openly said in one of the first posts that I thought it looked good, I'm not afraid to admit that I like things DIFFERENT. I'd much, much rather see something like this T/A than the other clones that don't do anything to the appearance of their car except maybe get a new set of rims, lower it, and call it a day. Amen for someone walking down the path less walked on, and props for having the guts to do it. It's freshness and uniqueness that I love to see on an FBody when there's so many others that are exactly the same. I'd much rather do something different to my car that isn't what the general population likes, or else I wouldn't have my Z-Roc / Stinger hood. I bought it just because no one else likes it. Then again, if I wanted to be a tool like most of the people on FBody websites, I'd have an SS hood and spoiler, no ground effects, a Berger panel, and a set of chrome wheels.
If i have said it once, I have said it a thousand times, THERE IS USUALLY A REASON NOBODY DOES SOMETHING!!!! The reason that no one has ever painted a car like that, is because, it looks like complete crap.

If your saying its nicer than the clean look of an ss hood, spoiler and nice set of simple chrome wheels, based purely on the fact that its "different" than you have some issues. Sure the guy has a set of brass nuts painting his car like that, or a severe eye disease.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol no I'm not saying it's nicer just because it's different, but I respect him more than I do someone that leaves their car bland. And like it or not, he's the one that'd win a car show.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you know you put too much black in when you need to go back and make sure it was a red car with black stripes and not a black car with red stripes

Quick Reply: Am I the only one hating on this??