Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

paint protections kits

Old 07-31-2005, 10:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paint protections kits

has anyone tried any paint protection products to protect against rock chips on the front of thier cars, maybe specifically the ws6 hood.
i was thinking of the bra but someone metnioned this. If anyone has used this and can tell me what happens after you leave it on for a while then take it off what it does to the paint

thanks
Old 07-31-2005, 11:16 AM
TECH Regular

My friend uses 3M paint protection. It's nice. Clear and can't tell it's there unless your close. Paint underneath fades with the rest of the paint so if you ever remove it, it will look the same. It is a little more expensive though, check out www.afterthoughtsauto.com for it

BTW, nice sig
Old 07-31-2005, 01:55 PM
Teching In

I saw a new product the other day in Restyling magazine which is similar to the clear shield stickon bra's but is actually sprayed on. I believe it may be a 3M product but it has to be applied by a body shop or painter and it can't be removed. The benefit was there hardly a leading edge due to the taping process, and it may be thicker that the typical stickon products. If your interested I can get you a link to the product when I get to my office tomorrow. The stick on products are very good from what I here, but may not be a do it your self product due to the complexity of our bumper designs.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:34 PM
Launching!

Sent you a PM.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:25 AM
Teching In

Here's the link I was referring to. www.armorauto.com
Old 08-02-2005, 12:59 AM
Launching!

The 3m stuff isnt so good from what I have seen/heard! I have seen it leave a nice nasty residue on the car after its taken off... It can be removed obviously but ****... Might as well save the time and money and just get a nice new paintjob after a lil bit of time!

Id suggest getting it detailed/buffed (this will take alot of marks out) for now and when u want a new look go get a sweetass paintjob!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: paint protections kits