Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Firebirds and auto car washes

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 12:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firebirds and auto car washes

Well im just gonna state what happened to me, maybe it was just some kinda defect on my car but i dont know......you guys know those car washes...drive up puts in some dollars,drive in and the the manchine sprays ur car down and everything.....well i only used to twice with my car because everytime i would go thro it....my turn singles would not work....happen both times...had to replaces the blubs...i think it got messed up when the sparyer was spraying right at the fog light area...sooo guys ALWAYS WASH YOUR BIRD BY HAND
Old 09-11-2005, 12:40 AM
TECH Resident

I have never had a problem with this but my friend has a 01 corvette and he is changing his bulbs after every time he washes his car which is very often. I am not sure if the seal is bad or not?
Old 09-12-2005, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Most of the time it only takes hitting a big puddle for mine to go. Some folks drill small holes in the bottom of the turn signal housing to drip off water. I'd say silicone up the lenses, drill a couple holes just in case, and hope for the best. But avoiding pressurized water sources is a solid way to head the problem off before it starts.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Is your Firebird a Trans Am? I've had my Formula thru car washes many times and never had the bulbs burn out. I'm more paranoid about water getting thru the window seals. That hasn't happened either.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:49 PM
TECH Resident

ive never had a probem, and i used the pressure washes (the rare occasions when im in a hurry and need a nice car)
Old 09-13-2005, 11:19 PM
Import Patrol

happened to me alot of the times, so I put a adhesive clear plastic film over the lenses, and since I have black outs on the car, I painted the lenses with vht night shade, cured that problem
Old 09-14-2005, 08:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've had my passager turnsignal, passanger fog light, and driver tailight fill up with water from a heavy rain while on the highway. Thank god i bought an 2002 with a warranty! Pontiac replaced all of them.