Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

front bumper is messed up

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default front bumper is messed up

with my door being cracked...my front bumper is also messed up. I've been looking at front bumpers on ebay for around 60 or 70 bucks..that need to be primed and painted...is that a normal price? seems a lil low...specially when the dealership quoted 300..plus prep, prime and paint. I'm trying to get my car back into perfect order now..so i was just curious. My stock bumper has spider cracks in the paint that you can see close up, but not from far away. and it doesn't line up with the fender or hood correctly..so i figured it to far gone to be fixed anyway.

also...how had is it to remove and install the front bumper?
Old 09-24-2005, 10:03 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

The nose on your car might just be tweaked from an impact. Unless it's really twisted, I'd say it'll go back into it's proper place. Before you go out and buy another nose, I'd loosen the bolts on the one you have and see if it goes back into place.

The ebay price sounds low for a nose that's in good shape. If they're in good shape, then I'd check the shipping rate. It might be a ridiculous amount.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure that is for an aftermarket cover, not a new real GM one. Most aftermarket parts like that are pure junk. See if you can get the cover back in place before you spend money on a new one like Y2K_TA said, you never know till you try.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
The nose on your car might just be tweaked from an impact. Unless it's really twisted, I'd say it'll go back into it's proper place. Before you go out and buy another nose, I'd loosen the bolts on the one you have and see if it goes back into place.

The ebay price sounds low for a nose that's in good shape. If they're in good shape, then I'd check the shipping rate. It might be a ridiculous amount.

I poped the hood..some of the clips that hold it down are cracked and broken..does that make a difference?
Old 09-25-2005, 01:28 PM
10 Second Club

yes bigtime

id say take it to a loacal guy who does body work and have him give you a quote and have is advice taken into account

Quick Reply: front bumper is messed up