TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY...spagenameZWDVW

I have them bookmarked for a reason.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by meissenation
I've had to defend my taste many times, so don't worry I'm not going to fly off the deep end and have a hissy fit. Most people scream rice when they see my interior modifications. Basically, in my opinion, any more the true definition of rice is anything different. Seriously, when you think about it, if someone does ANYTHING aftermarket, there's always a group that's going to say it's rice. IMO, I have never considered Halo's aftermarket, but yet there was the huge thread on whether or not they're rice, and there was quite a few that said rice. To each their own. While my car "looks fast," it's a show car, I never take it to the drag, I never street race, and I never "flaunt" like it has speed. I'm very open that I have a v6 under the hood, and have actually been debating whether or not to get "3.4L v6" decals made for the cowl portion of my hood, and for the rear. The only reason I haven't yet is that I don't want to make my car even more busy than it already is. I joke around about mine being a v6 all the time, s'all good. When we have club functions where we cruise somewhere together, I always will joke "Make sure everyone goes a speed that my v6 is capable of going..." For my vehicle, I went exterior appearance first, now I'm starting to iron out the interior mods, and then it'll be 100% engine mods. What exactly I do, not sure... most mods I want to do would require a 100% upgrade of the suspension, probably buy a z28 parts car and switch the suspension over, then *idealy* a 383 stroker. But yes, call it whatever you want, rice, ugly, gaudy, whatever. I'm happy with my car, and obviously a lot of people like it or else it wouldn't be the #7 top rated Camaro on Car Domain.

Edit: Also, for the honda example, I think someone on camaroz28.com said it best once...
"So the ricer beats the v6, thinks he's tough ****. Flaunts it all around school that he beat a z28 Camaro. Next thing you know, he's trying to race a true z28 with his friends watching, and his girlfriend riding shotgun. Imagine how that kid is going to feel when the true z28 *** rapes him with his girlfriend riding shotgun, and all his friends to see he got beat by a z28."

Edit again: I was just reading my PM's, and I couldn't help and laugh at how this PM fit in with everything I said above. I won't mention the poster's name unless he wants to come outright and say it, but here's what he had to say.
Yeah, I was just saying alot of people are hypocritical, while you may not go around touting or flaunting anything but the next guy with an SRT-4 with a CF hood, or a body kit would be turned around and called a ricer by quite a few people ( the mustang guys LOVED to rip into the SRT's ). Maybe it's just my personal opinion that if you LOOK fast, you SHOULD be fast, while everyones opinion of fast differs I would say 13's or lower would be concidered fast.. I guess the term "rice" has been overused and manipulated into whatever someone doesn't like, I just always thought it boiled down to the whole core of "All show and no go". You don't need to defend your car to me as I feel the same way you do, its your car you do what you like ( and I like the exterior as it's different from your everyday Z ). You just need to toss a little money into some nitrous

As for the honda example, you and I both know there would be some lame excuses coming up and the race would never happen again as he would hold his moment of pride or they would race and he would have tons of excuses ( as ricers always do, instead of giving a thumbs up or the "nod" ).

P.S.
I wouldn't rely on cardomain.com as any kind of "source" to boost your car... I mean look at the #7 overall car on the site http://www.cardomain.com/ride/805751
Old 09-29-2005, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lol, true. I exclusively only view FBodies and only vote on fbodies, so I just assume people mostly only view our own kind of cars.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regardless of whether it's a V6 that's a sweet looking car there meissenation
Old 09-30-2005, 12:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks, I'm in love with your TA so that comin from you definitely is humbling.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FelixIlka
Ok, my net crapped out, I have to ask this question meissenation..

Don't take this comment the wrong way, but wouldn't your car be deemed "rice"? To my knowledge the defention of rice is making your car look and sound fast when it isn't.. now I'm going to say that 8/10 people would probably think you had an LT1 but it's not.

Some little ricer kid in a honda pulls up next to you and hangs with you, next thing you know he's touting about how his car can hang with/beat ( don't know how slow the v6's are ) camaros and stuff.. while we all know the "big brother" version would lay into them in their mind it's set in stone, they hung with a camaro and now think their all that and then some.
why even go there...damn i hate that stupid word! WHO CARES!!! does it bother you so much that he takes pride in his car??? if a honda keeps up OK THEN SO WHAT! like he is ever going to see him again anyway. its not rice...i had a v6 firebird and i took just as much pride in it as i do my trans am. i fixed it up and tried to make it look and sound as best as i could...because i love and have a passion for my ride, no matter what it is. its an Fbody...it looks great so its not rice...the flat out deff of rice is import! thats it! so dont playa hate.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:53 AM
Launching!

I should have my Cobalts in my a-pillar this afternoon. Almost done with my wet kit. The look awesome with my blue lights. I'll put up some pics tonight.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:35 AM
Staging Lane

meissenation,

more power to ya! variety is the spice of life. i applaud your originality!
Old 09-30-2005, 09:32 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

HPA silver faced gauge overlays, MacEwen silver faced headlight switch overlay, Autometer UltraLite gauge in driver's side air vent, and you can barely see the top of the MBA aluminum pedals down there. I like to keep my interior classy and simple and the silver adds just the right amount of spice to it. Wish I had the ebony interior though instead of the grey.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

While I appreciate all the compliments and side comments on my car (trust me, I definitely do... ) let's not hijack the thread.

FloridaZ -- can't wait to see some pics, I bet that's gonna look really sweet at night!
Old 09-30-2005, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

silver macquen's
Attached Thumbnails lets see pic's of some gauges-gagslvr3.jpg  
Old 09-30-2005, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

Talking

This Is My Setup.
Attached Thumbnails lets see pic's of some gauges-my-interior-2.jpg  
Old 09-30-2005, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Like the interior accents, looks really good.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

Talking

Like the interior accents, looks really good.
Thanks. I used Krylon Interior paint. Cost me $12 and some Elbow grease
Old 09-30-2005, 06:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NYC FRANK
This Is My Setup.
cool floormat guy.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NYC FRANK
Thanks. I used Krylon Interior paint. Cost me $12 and some Elbow grease
This is how my interior used to look before I covered the center console pieces in carbon fiber. Used the Krylon too.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by spy2520
cool floormat guy.
Yep they're as clean as my bike is ! lol
Old 10-06-2005, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is how my interior used to look before I covered the center console pieces in carbon fiber. Used the Krylon too.
whats that peice where the ac usually goes??? looks good
Old 10-06-2005, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's my custom fiberglassed 10.5" touchscreen bezel for the 10.5" touchscreen computer that I was going to install into my car. Unfortunately, the 10.5" LCD and touchscreen units that I had aren't compatible with the new motherboard I bought for the project, so I actually just bought a 7" touchscreen a few days ago from ebay... gotta make/rework the bezel to fit the 7" screen now. You can see some *very old* pictures of the project at the "Project CarPC" link in my sig. More recent pics (just showing the comp running on my desk and some screen shots of it) here
Old 10-06-2005, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Quick Reply: lets see pic's of some gauges