Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Removing Headliner?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Headliner?

Anybody know how to get the panels(the ones with the speakers in them) off in the back of a camaro that hold the headliner in? How do u get the pillars off?
Old 09-29-2005, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, since you left the message so open ended, no one knows what year Camaro you have, so it makes it quite hard to tell exactly what to tell you -- especially because of the difference between t-top and hardtop. I'm going to just guess ttop, so here goes:

To remove the A-Pillars, there's two screws at the top of the A-pillar where the t-tops fit in, and then two metal clips that slide into the metal of the car, so you have to kinda slide it towards the center of the car while pulling up gently. Don't do it too hard, or else you'll rip the metal clips right off.

You'll then have to remove the sunvisors, three screws, easy enough.

For the rear portion, you'll have to remove the panel where the speakers are. It's MOSTLY held on by velcro, but you'll have to unscrew the kicker panel next to the front seats that runs along the bottom by the floor. Once you remove the rear screw of the kick panel, you can get the bottom of the panel out from behind it. Then your fun will be with the coathanger that's in the top center of the panel. It has a square tab in the center, the more you pull the tab out, the more the anchor will collapse and allow the hanger to pull out. Truthfully, I hate that thing, I just grab the longest flatblade screwdriver I can find and just pry it right out. It's not easy, and it's not fun lol. Once that's out, pop out the plastic cover that goes around the seatbelt at the top, then you'll see the opening in the panel where you can guide the seatbelt through it. There's also two "caps" on the top of those rear big panels, two screws removes them and then if memory serves correct you just have to tug on the panel a bit, it's mostly held on by velcro tabs. By that point, I think it's fairly easy to get the headliner out.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the help. I never knew how to get the coathanger out. Ive tried before and i would pry the thing out, but i never pulled on it hard enough to get it out. I wasnt sure how it worked and i didnt want to break it. Before i got a chance to read your reply i went to the junkyard and yanked one out. i figured id break theirs instead of mine while trying to figure it out. Sorry I didnt mention the year of the car. I figured youd know since this is and LS1tech that it was a 4th gen. Other than that i knew how to take the rest of it out, but i have never taken the pillars off so I just asked in case I ran into problems. No problems though they came right off.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, glad ya got it.

Quick Reply: Removing Headliner?