Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How do you get the back seat out?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you get the back seat out?!?!?!

I've been trying to get the back seat out for a little while now and I can't. I can't seem to get the socket wrench on the bolt that I need to get at. This is the back part of the back seat that I am talking about, I got the actual "seat" part out but that's it. Anyone who has done this before please reply before I start going at it with a hack saw.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:51 PM
TECH Resident

First remove the brackets on the back of the seat back that hold the seatbelts. I think they are a toque style bolt. If you have already removed the seat "bottoms", then you'll see a small black bracket at the bottom corners of the seat "back". They appear to be some sort of swivel type brackets that allow the seat back to be folded down. Simply unbolt those and pull the seat out. It's pretty easy. Can you take a pic of what you're having a problem with?
Old 10-01-2005, 08:33 PM
Teching In

That's the problem, those bracket/bolt things that allow the seat to be folded down are really hard to get to with a socket wrench. I'm using a pretty long attachment thought so I'll try to find a shorter one.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:17 AM
Teching In

Well it's still not working. That bolt is really hard to get too and I think I'm starting to strip some metal. Anyone else know why it's so hard for me to d this?

PS I don't have any way to host pics so posting them probably wouldn't work.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I just used a 13mm socket and a rachet with no extention. You should be able to push the carpet back a little. Mine give me no trouble, I put mine in and out of the car all the time.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:02 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys. A normal socket wrench will work fine, but as fate would have it, we only have 12mm and 14mm. Looks like I'll to go out and get a 13mm.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

a 1/2" should work too...
Old 10-04-2005, 10:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Also you can take a saw to those seat belt guide/holders and make a slit near the side so the seat belt can be slid in and out with out having to take the guide off the seat back. It makes getting the seat back out even simpler and you cant even see the slits with the seat belts in.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ls1rocker
Also you can take a saw to those seat belt guide/holders and make a slit near the side so the seat belt can be slid in and out with out having to take the guide off the seat back. It makes getting the seat back out even simpler and you cant even see the slits with the seat belts in.
That's what I did. But I eventually took the seatbelts out too. You can't even see the hacksaw marks where you make the cut if you do it right.

Quick Reply: How do you get the back seat out?!?!?!