Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 08:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

There ya go.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hard to tell from that pic. But i want to fab up the vizage camaro skirts to work on my TA I think it would look sick with the wings west front air damm
Old 10-11-2005, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it looks diff and kinda cool, but then kinda stupid too w some pointless hole in the back of it....
i dunno
Old 10-14-2005, 03:45 PM
Launching!

Yeah, they are from the Vizage kit for the Camaro. On the site, they have a TA with the sides and a new front piece, but the pic is only a thumbnail, very hard to see detail. I am on the fence with them too. I think they might look good though, especially with my WW front air dam and "hood resembling Mecham's-but made much better". I might have to go for it.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
Not quite. Just have more respect for my f-body than to make it look like a honda. Its a american muscle car. Some of the very very subtle kits for the Camaros & Birds don't look to bad, but when you start puttin kits on with holes that serve absolutly no purpose, its ricey & looks like ****.

What about that wing that we all have that serves no purpose...
Old 10-14-2005, 04:06 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd be interested to see some more pics of it to see how it flows from different angles.

That and I just wanted to subscribe to this thread to see how it progresses.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow what to say? I know it looks like ****.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Trojan35
What about that wing that we all have that serves no purpose...
it does serve a purpose. take it off and see how your car handles at high speed. the rear gets extremely light and loose.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:20 PM
11 Second Club

I am so goddamn sick of people bashing and calling something rice everytime someone post up something new other than stock.Not much is made to alter the appearance of our cars, if you dont like it, shut the **** up about it. Half the people that talk about rice looking probably just bought their fbodies this damn year. You want to keep you car stock looking, so be it. You dont like, sideskirts, spoilers,or anything else that looks different, so be it.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:22 PM
Launching!

I like them, as long as they can flow with the car and not stick out like a sore thumb, its not rice.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JCurtin
I am so goddamn sick of people bashing and calling something rice everytime someone post up something new other than stock.Not much is made to alter the appearance of our cars, if you dont like it, shut the **** up about it. Half the people that talk about rice looking probably just bought their fbodies this damn year. You want to keep you car stock looking, so be it. You dont like, sideskirts, spoilers,or anything else that looks different, so be it.
Bitch, Bitch, Bitch. There is a huge difference between somethat that's new that looks good and something that looks like ****. Those side skirts have no ******* function, and look like something off a honda. Why dont you think before you talk next time. BTW I'm on my 2nd fbody since 2001.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:51 PM
IMJ
TECH Enthusiast

I GUESS IF U WANT TO LOOK LIKE A ROUSH MUSTANG
Old 10-16-2005, 04:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jargan04
Bitch, Bitch, Bitch. There is a huge difference between somethat that's new that looks good and something that looks like ****. Those side skirts have no ******* function, and look like something off a honda. Why dont you think before you talk next time. BTW I'm on my 2nd fbody since 2001.
why dont I think? You want a ******* cookie b/c your on your 2nd? I'm on my 3rd since 1997. So stfu and go sit in the corner. Who cares if it functions or not? Its not up to you. Its looks and to each its own. i dont want it for my car, but I'm not going to bash it b/c its non functional. Really who gives a rats *** if someone puts something on their car thats non functional. how functional were the louvers on the hoods of 3rd gen camaros? Or the nostrils on 80-81 2nd gen firebirds? Thats right they werent. Its the simple fact that things have to start somewhere. Someone has to make stuff for these cars without "thats rice" "belongs on a honda" comments or we are never going to have anything.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JCurtin
why dont I think? You want a ******* cookie b/c your on your 2nd? I'm on my 3rd since 1997. So stfu and go sit in the corner. Who cares if it functions or not? Its not up to you. Its looks and to each its own. i dont want it for my car, but I'm not going to bash it b/c its non functional. Really who gives a rats *** if someone puts something on their car thats non functional. how functional were the louvers on the hoods of 3rd gen camaros? Or the nostrils on 80-81 2nd gen firebirds? Thats right they werent. Its the simple fact that things have to start somewhere. Someone has to make stuff for these cars without "thats rice" "belongs on a honda" comments or we are never going to have anything.
I wasnt going to contribute to this thread... but o well..
JCurtin... thanks for taking my responce... hahah
Old 10-16-2005, 08:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

They look okay and fabricating a side showing exhaust will be cool lookin, unless it melts from the heat. Having said that I would stick with my stock kit until something better shows up.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DBeck
I like them, as long as they can flow with the car and not stick out like a sore thumb, its not rice.
I agree.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have ww kit on my car and im glad to see someone else saying something to people that call aftermarket products rice.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:36 AM
On The Tree

Not sure if you noticed but there is a LOT of holes on a WS.6 LS1 that serve no purpose. 2 holes on each front fender. 2 holes below the ram air hood, 2 holes on the front fascia below the turn signals. I'm a minimalist and not really into body kits, but like I said, before you rip this guy up one side and down another, I'd be a little more considerate.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my opinion, they look great, ARE you going to produce these if so I will get some for sure. We need more appearence options for the the 4th gen Trans am's, we don't have alot of things to make our cars look different or stand out. I think the idea is unique and from the pics it seems that the skirts flow with the body panels of the car, I would like to see additional pics but from what I already see, they look Great.

Also I am now familiar with the Vizage camaro skirts can anyone post a link.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Something to add, (I think its already been stated, but oh well) with as many people who run True duels on their Trans am's dumping them before the axal. Basically we could make side Exhaust work with this side skirt and it would look sick IMHO. For the person who stated that it would melt the plastic,I wouldn't really worry as much about that, and if there was a potential problem nothing a THIN rubber overlay around the exhaust outlet where it met the panel couldn't fix.

When are you going to sell these things??? lol

Quick Reply: New side skirts for TA