Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Temp Gauge Needle (after gauge install)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 11:29 PM
What's a Sticky?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Temp Gauge Needle (after gauge install)

Ok, so here's the problem. I installed some white face gauges a month or two ago and for a while now, it seems as if my car is running "hotter" than usual. I don't remember exactly when it started doing this, but i dont recall it ever doing it before the gauge install. To make a long story short my car's temp needle hits or exceeds the 210 degree mark almost daily, when in the previous year it got there MAYBE twice. I noticed that when i turn the key ON, the needle doesn't go all the way down like the others. Instead, it stays between the 160 degree mark and the next mark. To better explain it, when I start my car and drive in the cold, the needle starts well above the 160 mark. Do you think the problem is that the needle got turned a little and thats why its starts out too high and seems to run "hotter" than normal?? I appreciate you help. Thanks guys.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More than likely the needle wasn't put back right, so it's reading hotter than the engine really is, you can get something like autotap,(whatever works for an LT1) and see what the temp is and move the needle accordingly (this might also be a good excuse to buy an aftermarket gage, if you were looking to have one)
Old 10-12-2005, 09:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup! What he said!

I thought I was VERY careful when I did my gage face install - MPH needle was still a little off

Went back and got accurate readings as in above and adjusted the needle accordingly. BTW, tach reading was always a little low...

Quick Reply: Temp Gauge Needle (after gauge install)