Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Homemade mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls2 bait

total cost $13. gutter gaurd from home depot and 2 part epoxy. took me a little bit. also did the !side moldings and that looked great. next is caliper paint.
nice posters
Old 10-16-2005, 01:14 AM
Staging Lane

here is something idid.not much but made use of that stupid hole next to the lighter.to plexiglass and cut it to fit that hole drilled the holes to fit painted it black and siliconed it in to hold it there.it holds my switches for the nitrous and line lock kit.paid 3 bucks for the paint.
Attached Thumbnails Homemade mods-img_0079.1.jpg  
Old 10-16-2005, 02:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by meissenation
Now, these are very much so *IN PROGRESS* but I'm anxious to show it off...

In this pic, I was testing the monitor to make sure it still works ( it didn't at first! ) You can see the frontend software that will be running when it's installed, it plays my mp3s, has integrated GPS, and a bunch of other sweet goodies that I'll prolly never use, but I really wanted the GPS cause I suck at directions, and the mp3 database is going to be sweet.

It's a 7" Liliput touchscreen monitor custom (obviously) molded into my radio bezel. (Which explains my faceplate being mounted in the sunvisor. )

holy F man!
Old 10-16-2005, 03:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I want one!!!!
Old 10-16-2005, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just wait till it's done. I'm REALLY looking forward to installing this thing. It's been a 2 year project, this is actually the 2nd version of the computer. The first version was a 10.5" kiosk PC that was actually from Madison Square Gardens being used as an electronic ticket booth (had a credit card reader originally, so I can only guess that's what it was used for). It was basically a celeron laptop with a touchscreen overlay on the LCD. Well, the motherboard was WAY too big for it. I had to buy a new motherboard, but then the touch and the LCD wouldn't work because they were proprietary screens, so I had to buy a new screen and yeah now it's almost done! When I finally install, I'll do a whole long thread on it, so keep your eyes open for the next week because I'm hoping to have it installed by Friday (dependant on the power supply for in the car arriving)

Quick Reply: Homemade mods