Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

manta stripe

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default manta stripe

ok i ordered an manta stripe from transamgraphics.com and i was wondering if anyone else that has one could give me some help...i was wondering if after installing them and while your washing the car is it easy to peal up the sharp points on the front like most stickers do? i was just wondering this b4 i installed them.... and another thang what yall think would look better the black manta stripe on a white ss or the anniversary style (98+) thanx

justin
Old 10-29-2005, 03:02 PM
Banned

Ok I have the manta stripe on my car.

I put it on myself (omg what a bitch!)

If you let it sit for a day it will NOT peal up at all.

It is very good at staying down and I have washed my car.. waxed my car.. polished my car, claybared my car.. never came up.

As for the color scheme.. black manta or aniversary style what? dual stripes?

I wopuld go dual stripes.. but that is just me.

By the way, NOT ONE BODY SHOP, GRAPHIC SHOP would touch this stripe of mine.

I called everyone and NOONE would put it on.

I did my own.. jacked the FIRST TWO UP badly. I had to order another set

Finally, I got it right and it still was alittle messed up but not to where you would notice.. only me.

I got to do the rear a few months later and that wasnt so bad at all. Hardest part was taking off the spoiler and even that was easy.

So thats your answer.

I will tell you this though: When you are doing the front stripe.. where it comes around to the grille (ss scoop grille) on the sides it is VERY HARD to get it to lay down and stay flat. You get crazy bubbles there and it took me 3 hours to work them out.

Get yourself a spray bottle and fill it with water and soap. You are gonna need to spray it alot repeatedly.

Also.. dont do this in the cold. Very cold cars are hard to lay graphics on and so is heat.

Put it in the garage if you have one and put a heater (bullet heaters are nice) in the garage for a few hours and then go to work on it.

Thats my best advice.

I did mine in the dead of winter on a frozen car.. WHAT A F-ING BITCH!
Old 10-29-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Regular

There's this product called Frog Juice that sign shops use to tack down corners on decals. Good for things like the T/A bird. I've used it for a windshield banner, and you can sort of see the juice. It's basically like a laquer. It's kept the corners down nice though.

Quick Reply: manta stripe