Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 05:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The SS spoiler is awesome!
Old 11-20-2005, 01:10 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yo Mess. your car looks like ***, when people make fun of rice, they base there facts of you.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 85OneTireFire
Ok I finally started to motivate to install it, so I went to my local Chevy Dealer and got hastled because I didnt have an SS Vin#...

I couldnt find anything good in Search, so I figured Id post again in my own thread:
- Whats the part numbers for the 3rd break Light Assembly?
- Ive seen things either here or CZ28 about wiering problems on LT1 cars and the LED?
- Can I just buy the glass and carry my bulb and wires over from the stock spoiler?

Any other help or tints? The quicker the help, the faster we put another good looking F-Body on the road 8)
I have no idea what the 3rd brake light part number is but i can help you on the other two questions. The brake light on the 98+SS spoiler is an LED so you can't just reuse your bulb and wiring. There really isn't any wiring problems its just you may need to wire in a relay into the wiring harness to create enough resistance so it won't throw your ABS INOP light. You can run into problems of adding a relay and getting to much resistance then your cruise control will never work. I ended up having to buy a different less sensitive cruise control module to make my SS spoiler work. I've read that 96+ cars don't even need the relay at least thats what some guys claim on CZ28.com. If you need to know how to wire up the relay shoebox on cz28.com has a diagram. As for the Brake light you might try calling a place that makes repo spoilers maybe they sell a light separately.

Quick Reply: Got a new spoiler!