Sponsored by: DashLynx

Looking for interior/exterior mod suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 10:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for interior/exterior mod suggestions

Pretty lame I know

I'd like to find some inexpensive mods to occupy my time. Interior or exterior, doesn't really matter to me.

I recently got Camaro fill-ins in the back, and installed an Autometer 3 3/4" tach. I had a fun time installing the tach. I'm a big fan of working on interior related things. (I installed an interior and audio system in a 3rd gen once upon a time.)

I hate to say it but I'm a big fan of lights, gauges, etc. Only tastefully of course. I was thinking about doing footwell cold-cathodes but that's just a little bit too impractical and kind of ricey.

My gauge collection consists of an aftermarket fuel pressure, tachometer, and boost gauge. I love those little things

Anyways, suggestions? I know there's no such thing as originality when it comes to LS1's, so lets hear it!
Old 11-10-2005, 10:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can never go wrong with a set of halos, they have the LEDs you like and are kool to look at when just sitting there parked, also smoked turnsignals or covers look good to trust me i got them and love them, got special made LS1 covers for the side markers and thirdbrake light by custolight.com, they sell them for a good price aswell. and also brent franker has alot of kool add on stuff.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paint some of the interior parts. Sand the texture down, prep well, and paint. Can be done to look very good, and can be done very subtle too if you're afraid of it looking too different. IMO it's one of the easiest, low cost interior mods you can do. Like the other guy said, turn signal covers are good idea too. You can buy a can of VHT Nightshades for about $30 (usually for 20, tho) and paint the lenses on your turnsignals, rear reflectors, even your taillights. That's a fun easy mod that really drastically changes the look of the car. If you don't want to paint them, you can buy covers, but I'd probably recommend buying the smoked housings. I think ProCarParts.com has them, but I know they're on ebay... basically the inside is smoked like the whistler mod, so it looks dark and tinted, but there's no interferance with light shining when the bulb is on.