Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

LED Dome and MAP Lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
Do you carry anything for the doors. One of mine went out and you sent me a bulb that you had left over from swaping out over to LEDs. Bulb works but just isn't that bright. I replaced the bulb with another one too and it still isn't as bright as the other one. I wouldn't mind replacing them with some LEDs
Yes I do have the door lights, actually just got some new white ones in that are supposedly really bright but I havent gotten time to test them.

And I have just learned that some of the 02's do use a different light for the rear view, and I carry those lights also.

If you have those different lights and have already ordered a set let me know and Ill switch those out ASAP..

I should have another order in soon so if you're interested please PM me..
Old 01-26-2006, 02:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1_SS
Yes I do have the door lights, actually just got some new white ones in that are supposedly really bright but I havent gotten time to test them.

And I have just learned that some of the 02's do use a different light for the rear view, and I carry those lights also.

If you have those different lights and have already ordered a set let me know and Ill switch those out ASAP..

I should have another order in soon so if you're interested please PM me..
how about for the license plate?
Old 01-27-2006, 01:20 PM
Launching!

I want those rear view mirror lights fore my 2002......wich are they? because its not the same as my friends 1999.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:29 PM

Still working on the license plate LED's, I didn't like the way they looked..

Doski PM'ed ya!
Old 02-22-2006, 11:56 AM

TTT

Got a new order of Map/Dome lights in and have a bunch ready to go!
Old 02-22-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

they look nice but the last time i ordered from you i sent you money on paypal and got no lights.....is your email down, because i still haven't recieved a response, or the lights, or my money back. PM sent.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by oodahss
they look nice but the last time i ordered from you i sent you money on paypal and got no lights.....is your email down, because i still haven't recieved a response, or the lights, or my money back. PM sent.
PM returned, sorry never received any emails. Ill get it taken care of though!
Old 02-22-2006, 03:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks
Old 03-09-2006, 02:58 PM
TECH Resident

I got mine installed and I really like the way they look. I have a question for people who have them installed though. When my map lights turn off they emmit a VERY dim glow like they are still recieveing a really low current. Im not sure wahts causing it all I did was swap the old stock ones out and put the LEDs in. You probably wont even notice the small amount of light but since my car is in a pitch dark garage when I went in with the lights off I saw the two very subtle glows from the map lights. It doesnt really bother me, but Id rather not have my battery get killed from it.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BADFNZ
If it's too much, make your own set. Price is set on demand, and if he can move his product at $25 a set, why sell them for less?
Why would i make my own set when these replacement LEDs can be had many places on the net for $2.50 a piece. The same place i got my map and dome lights, also has door panel, and ac cluster LEDs in every color for cheap!
Old 03-11-2006, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default lights staying on?

I have a question for people who have them installed though. When my map lights turn off they emmit a VERY dim glow like they are still recieveing a really low current. Im not sure wahts causing it all I did was swap the old stock ones out and put the LEDs in. You probably wont even notice the small amount of light but since my car is in a pitch dark garage when I went in with the lights off I saw the two very subtle glows from the map lights. It doesnt really bother me, but Id rather not have my battery get killed from it.
i've got the same question. do these stay on because they're led, or am i missing something?
i definately don't want to run the battery down over a 5 dollar bulb not going all the way off.
it's also doing the same thing from the dome light as well?
i took them back out for now, at least until someone will chime in and help with an answer.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Teching In

Question LED questions

Okay, I'm pretty well sold on the idea of replacing the halogen interior lights with LED's (a) because I can get them in red and (b) because I expect they will be brighter than the stock halogens. A few questions though:

1 - Is there a replacement for all of the interior lights? If I replace the dome light and rear-view mirror map lights with red LED's, I figure it will look silly to have white lights in the legroom area.

2 - Same question about the dim glow the LED's emit when 'off.' I understand LED's use almost no current (amps) when on, and wondered if this had something to do with the problem. I never saw an answer posted about this.

3 - In regards to the original post in this thread, what is the advantage of having an LED backlit gage cluster compared to stock backlighting? Will the dimmer switch still function properly through a similar range of brightness?

4 - I am looking to replace my brake lights and turn signals with LED bulbs (because I like the instant-on, instant-off look of LED's compared to incandescant bulbs). I have seen items for sale that are called "load equalizers" to adjust the current so that your blinking rate is not significantly affected. My limited understanding is that LED's can plug into a circuit that was designed for an incandescant or halogen bulb, but due to the lower amp draw, turn signals may blink very quickly (similar to how they do when one of your bulbs is out) unless you buy one of these load equalizers. Is this true, and could you share any knowledge on the subject?
Old 04-03-2006, 07:11 PM
12 Second Club

How do you get the stock lights out, im having a hard time.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FireSilverLullaby
How do you get the stock lights out, im having a hard time.

Its a little tough but i ended up using a small eyeglass repair kit screwdriver to stick into the base of the bulb and pry it out.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:34 PM
12 Second Club

I put the led lights in one of the map lights, and it didnt turn on.

I put it in the little brass clips and tried it both ways, but it still didnt work. Can you help me?
Old 04-10-2006, 11:47 AM

The dim glow is from the little current still running to the LEDs even when the car is off. The halogen bulbs do not react because they take more current to actually light them then LEDs do. It will not run your battery down, its normal and I am actually surprised anyone noticed it. It took me about 3 months before I noticed mine, and I only did because I was switching the colors out.

FSL - you need to make sure the lights are actually in the clips SECURLY, I have had another customer complain they didn't work he mailed them back I sent a new set and they didn't work either. Turned out he just didn't have them in place when he though he did.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:55 AM

Matt-

There are no lights in the leg area, so I'm not sure what you a re talking about there.

The glow question is answered above, will NOT harm anything!

LED's look a lot better IMO, and they last longer and emit a pure color (not a yellowish as the halogen bulbs do). The dimmer switch will not work though, they're either on or off.

The blinkers. First off you'll need new (drawing a blank) flashers? I forget what they're called give me a minute, everyone complains about that. I have LED bulbs in mine with the new flashers but they don't do that. I kind of wish they did though, because it would make it more visible IMO. But yes you can get a resistor and just solder it in to stop it from blinking fast.

Sorry it took so long, I thought I was subscribed to this post but I guess I wasn't!

-Nathan
Old 04-18-2006, 12:22 AM
Launching!

I just got my map/dome LED's in the mail today and installed them and they look AWESOME!!! Totally worth every penny!! My only complaint is the connectors on the LED bulbs didnt match up with the fasteners on the dome light at all. But, i fabricated a little and made it work. But to anyone who is wondering whether to order these or not, DO IT!!!! You won't regret it! Its so bright and it looks awesome, last night i actually just drove around with my interior lights on for a while! HAHA!

Last edited by DamanSS; 04-18-2006 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:30 AM
TECH Addict

Do you have any in stock ???

For the Map and Dome light..... I checked the web site and said Out of stock...

Quick Reply: LED Dome and MAP Lights