Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Installing White Face Gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing White Face Gauges?

I found a really good deal on ebay for White Face Gauges, for under $30 bucks... and they seem to be off good quality. I was wondering how hard it is to install new guages, because I've heard it's quite the task. Just wondering what I'm setting myself up for? Anyone else done anything like that?
Old 01-12-2006, 04:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

its not hard at all. just pop the trim aroudn the gauges off (just pull) might have to set the steering wheel to the lowest position and then unscrew that handle...just start the car and let the engine warm up and sketch a drawing of where each needle is. then just unscrew the gauge cluster and pop the clear cover off...carefully use a scredriver to pop the needles off and replace the black with the white. then before putting the needles back on put the cluster in the car, start the car and let the engine warm up then replace each needle back to where they were orginally
Old 01-12-2006, 06:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you do not want to take the needles off then you don't have to. The gauges will slip over. If you have the one piece glow gauges like I do just work your way from the left then to the right. If they are seperate then it will be easier.