Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

lamborgini doors

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006 | 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I seen a kit from www.tunerracing.com and it looks like a good kit from 1000-1300 and they have motorized ones too but those more expensive.
Old 01-31-2006 | 05:42 PM
Board Certified Idiot

Hey man its your Car if you like it dont ever let any 1 tell you other wise I 2nd the lambo doors .Do it right and dont over do your car LIke rice and it can look nice. what about the MCLAREN doors? the ones that up and out i think they look nice also
Old 01-31-2006 | 10:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pavetim
Why do you keep saying rice rice rice. Name me one rice car that comes from the factory with the lambo doors on it? So technically insted of saying rice you should be saying italian. Personally I think they look awesome and i'm gonna do them on my 02 TA when I get the money.
No, rice could be correct. Stock, no rice cars come with them, but then again no stock cars are rice (IMO). In a way it's also a ricer thing to do: making your car something it's not. Personally I don't think they're rice (even though I don't particularly care for them), but one could justify calling them "rice". Bottom line: who cares what everyone else thinks, if you like it go for it.
Old 02-01-2006 | 04:31 AM
Launching!

Since we cant get flamed for our opinions since the thread specifically asked what we thought about em, I cant honestly think of a worse "mod" than lambo doors. I'm sorry to all who have them already or think they're cool, but ick! These cars were NOT meant to have those doors. In fact, maybe I'm SO oldschool, but I'd prefer lambos to have normal swing-out doors!
Old 02-01-2006 | 02:24 PM
Launching!

now that camaro i post 28 is rice. thanks guys this post started out slow and i forgot about it. last time i looked there were three post now there are three pages.
Old 02-01-2006 | 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z2K_MrJ
. what about the MCLAREN doors? the ones that up and out i think they look nice also
Id love to see mclaren doors on a fbody
Old 02-01-2006 | 10:08 PM
On The Tree

http://www.carexcess.com/view_vdc.html?Kit=860 heres a site that shows a camaro with lambo doors.
Old 02-02-2006 | 04:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

does everyone realize rice is farmed in china? the term rice is always referring to imports or japanese cars but rice comes from china not japan.i think things like soda can mufflers and aluminum spoilers are for the import scene.Things that are functional like carbon fiber,verticle doors,hood pins(or at least real ones) are all prime examples of improving your car not making it something its not.besides, this is a mod ANY chick goes CRAZY for!! the doors go up,the pannies go down!
Old 02-02-2006 | 04:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

hahaha 530transam ur right.

everyone is scared to be different, if they are done and the car is classy lookin it would be bad ***. for example. take vsgls1's car, his car is loved by a lot. now what if he put these on his car, would u all of a suden think his car is rice?
Old 02-02-2006 | 05:36 AM
Launching!

Scared to be different? Naw, I dont think that's necessarily it. To me, a camaro or firebird is american muscle and you just stay true to certain traditions and looks. I mean, you dont see a camaro rigged up with spinners, curb-feelers, or fender skirts. Dont get me wrong, I'm all for individuality, but swing-up doors are right out, IMO.
Old 02-02-2006 | 12:00 PM
TECH Addict

Let's see here. I notice something about each pic of an f-body posted so far with Lambo doors.... oh wait, I know! They're all either rice or ghetto in some way!
Old 02-02-2006 | 12:30 PM
TECH Veteran

whats rice / ghetto about that trans am??
Old 02-04-2006 | 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rotweiler-ws6
I mean, you dont see a camaro rigged up with spinners, curb-feelers, or fender skirts.
Speak for yourself

Originally Posted by Scotty-Z
Let's see here. I notice something about each pic of an f-body posted so far with Lambo doors.... oh wait, I know! They're all either rice or ghetto in some way!
Im sure your blk rims are non ghetto or antirice
Old 02-04-2006 | 05:08 PM
FormerVendor

Our doors are quite heavy. The engineering behind the lambo doors on a regular car is kinda cool, being they actually work nicely. It might work on a strictly show car but not for me.
Old 02-05-2006 | 02:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey i think they would look good just as long as the car's not overdone with a nopi style spoiler, effects, etc..... I myself plan to get them sometime when i get my camaro finished, i personally like the look, seen a z06 with them and it was sweet, whenever i get them done i will post pic's here......like scotty-z said all the ones i have seen are nopi-ized, but the red ramair looks good to me, anyhow i guess it's like it's been said a matter of choice. y'know..there is a difference between being different and overdoing it totally......look at the camaro above ( purple color) that overdoing it

Last edited by CULATR; 02-05-2006 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-05-2006 | 10:50 AM
On The Tree

i think that looks awesome... i dont know what all you are talking about.... i am def. going to get this on my black t/a.... really will set the car out from the rest... just my opinion...
Old 02-05-2006 | 11:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Devylyst
Im sure your blk rims are non ghetto or antirice
Well sure, seeing as they started on PORSCHES and Corvettes before they did on some of the rice.... yes. Black rims such as mine with the polished lip have been accepted in the F-body community as being tasteful and classy when used properly. Lambo doors have not. The point I made about the first red TA was the painted interior. It can be done tastfully, but not in red as that car demonstrated.

Besides, I wanted something to tone down the looks of the car. Chrome is just a bit too much bling for my car.

Here's your obligatory smiley back too:

Last edited by Scotty-Z; 02-05-2006 at 11:55 PM.
Old 02-08-2006 | 05:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i have no idea what to say about that camaro.What are those?29'S?i am dumbfounded.im in total disbeleif.im also saving that picture!! lol oh my god!!!! are you serious right now?if yo ulook carefully that rim is taller than the actual side of the camaro!holy ****. I think verticle door look good on corvettes since technically theyre an exotic,they look ok on a trans am since theyree kind of an exotic muscle car but i dont like them on a camaro because a camaro is classic muscle.Im speaking only looks here.If i had a camaro id still do it for the functionality of them like i said up there!People get to caught up in the way things look after all your not gonna leave them up in the parking lot while you shop in wal mart!its not like an aluminum spoiler!you drive down the street,people see the spoiler.no matter what people are going to see the spoiler right?nut the only time youll ever no the doors go up is the 10 seconds it takes you to get in or out so why all the fuss about the way it looks?The car looks 100% the same as before the mod its just that a part of the car moves in a different way.I dont know is it even worth arguing about?
Old 02-11-2006 | 08:36 PM
Teching In

heres a pic of the butterfly doors, they kinda look like the mclaren, but not really.
those are 22s

Quick Reply: lamborgini doors