Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Detail: Black WS6 TA

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 12:31 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks amazing! I wish my car looked that great.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:14 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

looks very nice, big difference
Old 02-09-2006, 02:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Absolutley amazing
Old 02-09-2006, 08:19 AM
Teching In

whats optimum apc and where do you get it..thanks
Old 02-09-2006, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

ZaneO strikes again

gotta add PC to my mod list... right now its not too bad, but I'm sure the swirls will start to look worse and worse on this red. I used to have silver and got spoiled
Old 02-09-2006, 08:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

swirl marks are very noticeable on red cars, trust me. i need a pc as well.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

WOW AWESOME job.. congrats !!!! looks sharp
Old 02-09-2006, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

very nice work.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:32 AM
Launching!

simply AMAZING,, and plz if u can do a more detailed writeup that'd be great, thanks
Old 02-09-2006, 09:40 AM

Tire foam works awesome in the engine bay. Ive been doing it for years. Looks awseome bro!
Old 02-09-2006, 09:48 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks everyone for the great comments

Originally Posted by 01BlackBird01
whats optimum apc and where do you get it..thanks
It's Optimum's all-purpose cleaner. You can find it by contacting http://www.optimumcarcare.com/

There have been some very good write-ups on this board and others, but I'll work on some specific if requested.

Old 02-09-2006, 03:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't personally buy into the Zaino craze, but that aside, you really do some amazing work - that can't be argued. Do you think PoorBoys SSR 2.5 is the way to go for getting the swirls/spider webs out? I have a good amount but nothing near what that car looked like originally. I used a 7424 with Menzerna Final Polish (didn't use intensive first)/Meguiar's glaze/#26 wax and I still have the spider webs and such. I'm not too worried b/c the car still looks killer, but I REALLY want those swirls gone but don't know which product would work best. I've also heard about 3M and Zaino now has a swirl remover out. Yo soy confused

BTW, how did you get that engine so damn clean Did you just spray the all purpose cleaner EVERYWHERE and wash it off?
Old 02-09-2006, 03:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Zane, you never cease to amaze me. Excellent work, as always.

-Mike
Old 02-09-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
I don't personally buy into the Zaino craze, but that aside, you really do some amazing work - that can't be argued. Do you think PoorBoys SSR 2.5 is the way to go for getting the swirls/spider webs out? I have a good amount but nothing near what that car looked like originally. I used a 7424 with Menzerna Final Polish (didn't use intensive first)/Meguiar's glaze/#26 wax and I still have the spider webs and such. I'm not too worried b/c the car still looks killer, but I REALLY want those swirls gone but don't know which product would work best. I've also heard about 3M and Zaino now has a swirl remover out. Yo soy confused

BTW, how did you get that engine so damn clean Did you just spray the all purpose cleaner EVERYWHERE and wash it off?
Menzerna Intensive polish is a great polish. Try using that with a polishing or light cutting pad. Then follow up with the FP.

As for Zaino...it pretty much speaks for itself...I have and use many different last step products, but most of my customers request Zaino.

For the motor, I sprayed APC over most everything and lightly agitated with a brush. Then I rinsed and let the motor run for a few minutes to aid in drying. It is *very* important to be careful around the PCM and other sensitive electrical parts.

Thanks, Chup
Old 02-09-2006, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

Wow...what a transformation, that car looks amazing!!

But i was wondering, since we are kind of on the topic, how long would the car stay swirl free? I mean, is it after the first wash that they come back, after any contact has been made involving friction, just wondering.

buti understand why someone would do it, even if just for a few hours
Old 02-09-2006, 11:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ZaneO
Menzerna Intensive polish is a great polish. Try using that with a polishing or light cutting pad. Then follow up with the FP.

As for Zaino...it pretty much speaks for itself...I have and use many different last step products, but most of my customers request Zaino.

For the motor, I sprayed APC over most everything and lightly agitated with a brush. Then I rinsed and let the motor run for a few minutes to aid in drying. It is *very* important to be careful around the PCM and other sensitive electrical parts.

Thanks, Chup
You think the IP with an orange pad would take care of the swirls and such? If so, what setting on the 7424 and how hard should I press? I'm always just a bit afraid of ruining the paint.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:27 AM
TECH Junkie

I had good luck on swirls with the IP/orange pad combo...I only use mild pressure, usually not more than the weight of the polisher...IMO, you would really have to try to ruin the paint with the 7424...it's a relatively safe method.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:55 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
You think the IP with an orange pad would take care of the swirls and such? If so, what setting on the 7424 and how hard should I press? I'm always just a bit afraid of ruining the paint.
IP with a light cutting (orange) pad usually works well. I use it on speed 5-6 with moderate-heavy pressure (just don't bog the machine/pad down).
Old 02-10-2006, 10:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LS1Won1
Wow...what a transformation, that car looks amazing!!

But i was wondering, since we are kind of on the topic, how long would the car stay swirl free? I mean, is it after the first wash that they come back, after any contact has been made involving friction, just wondering.

buti understand why someone would do it, even if just for a few hours
Most swirls I see are caused by washing and drying with either bad tools or bad technique. For example, if you use and old washcloth to wash your car, your chances of scartching the clearcoat is higher than if you use a wool mitt. If you dry it with a coarse towel, you're likely to get swirls. If you wipe the brake dust off your rims, then rub that same mitt all over your car without making sure it's REALLY clean, chances are higher of seeing swirls.

Just take a step back and think about your washing and drying process and you will see lots of reasons why most cars on the road have nasty swirls in direct sunlight.

-Mike
Old 02-10-2006, 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

That is absolutely amazing. ZaneO, great job.

I really need to get off my *** this spring and get a PC and give my car a nice detail, my car looks like the one in the first pic, just a little less.

Quick Reply: Detail: Black WS6 TA