Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

LSS installed! (Pictures and Install Info)

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSS installed! (Pictures and Install Info)

I finnally got around to buying a Lou's Short Stick (thanx Matt - transfan0186) and installed it today.
Before:

I knew it would be an easy install, and it was a breeze. I didn't follow the directions from the manual or on Install University though. They both said to remove the center console, which wasn't needed. I just took out the leather shift boot (being carfull not to brake the plastic housing ring) and used a closed ended 10mm wrench to take the stock bolts off. I put a thin piece of rubber between the LSS and the stock base tail to reduce the noise that everyone complains about. Then used 10mm socket to put the LSS on (theres more room on the drivers side and I though the socket wrench would give me more leverage to tighten the bolts well). And this is how it turned out.

There is very little noise, a bit more than stock but nothing I would complain about. Don't know if the rubber helped at all but most people don't complain for nothing so It must be doing the trick.

I'm also selling my stock Hurst Shifter if anyone is interested, it's in the "For Sale" section.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

looks good, yeah the shifter on my pro 5.0 came loose and just need to be tightened and after looking through install u i was like, damn i got to take the whole console of then put it back on, after taking the boot off it was nothing but a breeze.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

looks good man!
Old 02-16-2006, 10:44 PM
Launching!

thanx guys!
Old 02-16-2006, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice work. It sure makes a difference doesnt it?
James
Old 02-16-2006, 11:45 PM
Banned

I tried to get the stock shifter out without taking the console out but it was next to impossible to get the 2 bolts on the right and left side on the rubber boot out without taking the console out! Did you just replace the stick or the whole shifter/stick?
Old 02-17-2006, 01:30 AM
12 Second Club

damn i need one!!
Old 02-17-2006, 01:36 AM
TECH Addict

They really are worth it, i thought the Pro 5.0 was short. But damn with this stock it feels like your not moving the stick at all when you go from gear to gear.
-Joel
Old 02-18-2006, 04:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
I tried to get the stock shifter out without taking the console out but it was next to impossible to get the 2 bolts on the right and left side on the rubber boot out without taking the console out! Did you just replace the stick or the whole shifter/stick?
I just replaced the stick, I love the hurst shifter it was just to tall. I saw the bolts for the shifter and they do like they would be a pain, but I am the king of puting one flex adaptor onto another to make it work. I hate taking any plastic panels off of F-bodies because they always make noise and rattle afterwards!

Quick Reply: LSS installed! (Pictures and Install Info)