Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bunch of questions about paint...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bunch of questions about paint...

I realize you guys get a shitload of questions over paint, unfortunately search isn't working so hot for me so thanks in advance for repeating yourselves.

In addition to some other things I'm looking to do I'd really like to have my car repainted. I'm debating between having the car painted black or keeping it SOM but I am sure that I want the entire car repainted either way (engine bay, jams, etc). I also know that I want the hoodscoop painted (and quite probably get some airbrushing done there). What I'm wondering is

1) How much are we talking about as far as cost for a quality job? Would the black cost less than the SOM?

2) How long until my baby is back in my garage?

3) Guesstimates on airbrushing?

4) Chime in if you know any good places in Houston.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I'd keep it the same color SOM pretty hot looking color IMO, plus if you keep the same color it'll be easier to paint it without taking the whole car apart
Cost varies between the $299 Maaco special and over 20k for a full custom paint job, average I'd guess 3-5k for a factory type paint job
Time, going to depend on what you have done, but for a respray in the same color, I'd say a week or 2
Airbrush, again going to depend on what you want, simple graphics, or a mural, the guy several friends of mine have used, took anywhere from a week to a month, and charged about 3k for a fairly large and detailed job
In houston, sorry can't help there, but there is a guy here who doess true fire in Broken Arrow OK, goes by the sn of stryker (if you want to go that far) ask around at some local shows, if you see some graphics you like, ask the owner who did it, bear in mind the subject might not be what you want, (ie naked women fighting dragons) just pay attention to the quality of the job, and disregard the subject matter