Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

question about SLP bowtie grill

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 05:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Default question about SLP bowtie grill

ok i bought one from a guy who said he bought it new..the only problem is that it came without the red bowtie sticker and also i dont see how it is gonna attach to my car because all there is are a bunch of holes in different spots..is it supposed to come like this??
Old 02-21-2006, 06:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by quiet_storm98
ok i bought one from a guy who said he bought it new..the only problem is that it came without the red bowtie sticker and also i dont see how it is gonna attach to my car because all there is are a bunch of holes in different spots..is it supposed to come like this??
You have to screw holes into your bumper and put these screws in that come with the setup.

When I get back to the house, I'll take a pic of them and show you about what you're looking for/at.

If it didnt come with that stuff, talk w/ the guy you bought it from about getting the hardware thats missing. If not, give SLP a call and get the **** from them. But like I said, I'll post pics in a lil bit on the hardware you're looking for.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

o ok thanks..the guy said it was new in the box and never installed but i didn't get any hardware..the pics would really help...thanks
Old 02-21-2006, 09:31 PM
12 Second Club

It's not held in with screws. IT's held in with the flat ended christmas tree fastners. The bowtie just sticks on. I think it may be the same one that's on the rear of the car but I'm not positive. I have an SS grill so the emblem is really the only difference.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GETGONE
It's not held in with screws. IT's held in with the flat ended christmas tree fastners. The bowtie just sticks on. I think it may be the same one that's on the rear of the car but I'm not positive. I have an SS grill so the emblem is really the only difference.
I didnt use the correct term, but yeah thats what they are.

They look like this