Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Edge 2000 system reveiw (Pads for buffing)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 07:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edge 2000 system reveiw (Pads for buffing)

The Edge 2000 system

Where should I begin, I bought a rotary and began detailing with a flex pad and LC 7 ˝ pads and 3-m waffle pads. While this worked well I wanted a PC to fill in spots that the rotary with the huge pads just didn’t work. I bought a PC and at that time PAC was having a great sale on the edge system. I bought the pads and the adapter from Pac and was slightly disappointed in the pads (this was do to glue issues) but my complaints where answered quickly and a day later new pads were on my doorstep with an added bonus for my troubles, the rotary adapter. While learning from Sean I noted he used the 6 inch pads on his rotary so I gave it a try. Man was I impressed, there was little skip and it was much easier to control. Over time there has been complaints about the PC adapter I have been using mine but have not had a problem with it. Now Aarron comes out with this deal to upgrade and when I talk to him I was saying how I liked the waffle pads and when I got my new adapter for the PC I got another bonus a brand new prototype waffle pad. But more about that later. Anyway I have every type of foam edge sell now even the orange euro foam which works very well. And 3 of the edge wool pads (I need to get more)... anyways on to the pictures...

8 Inch wool pads

6 inch wool pads

6 inch foam pads (euro foam)

Stacked

Old versus new PC adapters

On the PC

Rotary adapter
Old 02-24-2006, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are the wool pads real or synthetic?
Old 02-25-2006, 09:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by thesoundandthefury
Are the wool pads real or synthetic?
the Heavy cutting pad and the finishing pad are 100% wool... the ones in between are bended...

100% Domestic wool
Part #W300
Heavy Cut. Very aggressive pad for deep or wide scratches, severe pitting and defects. Removes wet sand marks.

50% wool, 50% acrylic
Part #W301
Medium Cut. Moderately aggressive texture reduces significant pits and scratches. Excellent pad for everyday cutting tasks.

40% wool, 20% acrylic, 40% rayon
Part #W302
Light Cut. Ideal for light scratches on clearcoats. A great
one-step pad—use with your favorite one-step cleaner/ polisher for superb results.

70% acrylic, 30% wool
Part #W303
Finish. Use with high-speed buffers for the finishing touch on most cars. Everyday polishing pad to bring up
a fine luster on any finish.

Genuine Austrailian lambs wool
Part #W304
Ultrafine Polish. One of a kind: a silky 100% lambswool pad that adds a mirror-like glow. Costs more—and worth it!
Old 02-25-2006, 09:22 AM
Launching!

I forgot to finish this off.

Rotary adapter

NEW PROTOTYPE PAD

Look 12 pads…

All in all I have to say going from a Velcro system(I broke one backing plate in the first day I used it because I dropped my rotary)to the edge system is a blessing.. Where else can you go from the 8 inch pad to the 6 inch pad with out changing a thing except the pad? The double sided pads are great because I’m finding I use more polishing pads so I will start mixing in a cutting pad with polishing pads so that is one less I have to carry around with me. Also the new pc adapter works great and it has much less vibration a big bonus.

Any questions I me happy to answer... and if you live near me... you can always barrow some pads...

Patrick

Quick Reply: Edge 2000 system reveiw (Pads for buffing)