Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Favorites on buffing wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lightbulb Favorites on buffing wheels?

I've got Billit aluminum wheels and wanted some opions on favorite buffing wheels (flitz, mother's powerball....ect..) I'm also looking for a sealer that lasts a long time so after polishing them the don't spot back up when washed, but I don't want to pay $200 for the Zoops kit. Thanx!
Old 03-12-2006, 12:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've tried the mothers power ball and think it sucks. It would be good for just a plain flat wheel but on my TTII's It litterly bog my electric drill down and tears up the powerball when i try to get in the tight spots. It work good to the lip but thats about it. I have not heard of to many other sealers other than zoop. I have heard mixed reviews on it so I have not spent the money on it.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:48 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My polished 5 spokes (factory) on my Formula hadn't been touched in at least 3 years. They were starting to look white from the oxidation. This weekend when I was done they looked like chrome. I spent maybe 15 minutes each. I used tripoli rouge and this wheel mounted on a drill. For the final "touch" you can put Mother's paste or whatever on the same "waffle" buff and it's as PERFECT as can be expected. Eastwood is a sponsor ===>

Buff Wheel Yellow Treated Ventilated

For Fastest Cut On Contoured Hard or Soft Metals
Faster Cutting, Longer Lasting Treated Buffs - Our new line of treated buffs work faster, longer than non-treated buffs. Suitable for faster material removal, these wheels take the place of standard and ventilated buffs. Used with Stainless Steel Compound (13001) or Tripoli Compound (13135). Great on hard or soft metals!
Old 03-12-2006, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

TTTop
Old 03-15-2006, 02:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Check the thread linked below, I just posted some pics on my wheels before and after the flitz system got ahold of 'em. And likd JonB said, don't waste your time on the Powerball or the powerball compatible Mother's polish, they both suck.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ighlight=flitz

Quick Reply: Favorites on buffing wheels?