Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Pics: Corbeau GTS II seats, carpet, custom mats installed…opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 11:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BitViper: I like the less aggressive race styling and they are very comfortable, feel and look a lot like my BMW 330ci seats. Not to mention I don’t see to many people with them.

Sgt. Spuds and anyone else interested:
I still have my carpet, hadn’t been hauled off yet…my stock interior is the Ebony black but to me the carpet was more charcoal looking. It probably looks a lot lighter in the picture because of the flash.

Last edited by MyKeySS; 03-14-2006 at 01:31 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:15 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Alright, do you have AIM?? I would love to chat with ya, SixSp33dC0kes my screenname if you have AIM. Im not exactly LOADED with cash at the moment, but I have a little change I can throw around, just cant foot the money for brand new carpet. Like I said, either AIM me at SixSp33dC0ke or Email me at Strang5@mchsi.com

BTW

You int color was not Oxy black, thats a paint color, the black that they use on f-bodies. Your int could have either been Ebony or Charcoal.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looking good, I bet it feels like a luxury car comparatively speaking.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:37 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Any say on the Carpet?
Old 03-14-2006, 09:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man i love the GTS seats.. a nice race seat without the ricer look... i want em..
Old 03-15-2006, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

Talking

Sgt. Spuds: sorry, i've been a little busy. I still have the carpet dont have AIM only YIM. i will try to get you some better pictures of the carpet as soon as i can. let me know if you're still interested.

GR33N boblinM6 you took the words right out of my mouth...i was trying to stay away from the rice look. If you decide to go this route you wont be disappointed.

Thanks again everyone for the props...i will post more pict's later, i still have more interior updates planed soon.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:20 AM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Still interested! Your new INT looks bad *** btw.
Not trying to get personal, but are you a small guy? Im looking into race seats when I do my INT conversion, and thought about those, but Im pretty good size, and don't know how I would fit into them..
Old 03-15-2006, 01:33 PM
On The Tree

Gee Spuds, I feel like you should be asking me out on a date before we get this personal (j/k)

It’s kool, I’m 5-8 and about 180lbs, 32-33 waist size. These seats would be a little tight for anyone much bigger. I think they fit me just right, snug on my back with a little waist and leg room on the sides, but not much.

I’ve also noticed that the car seems to ride smoother or appears too…most likely because these seats absorb small bumps better. I’m thinking they will come in handy for dating…one size doesn’t fit all (sorry that was bad of me) thanks for the bad *** complement!
Old 03-15-2006, 01:35 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

LOL, we have about the exact same mesurments lol.... But just get back to me on the carpet when ever you get the chance. I wanna get carpet before anything else, as I have to rip everything out to get to the carpet anyways...
Old 03-15-2006, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks good! I'm getten rid of my Tan interior in the future. I'm liking the Black n Gray combo. $1,500... We'll see what happens..
Old 03-16-2006, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Are those seats more comfortable than your stock ones? Do they support you in those "OH ****" moments, so you aren't just hanging on by the steering wheel?
Old 03-16-2006, 11:33 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

I had one of those today^^^^^^^
Old 03-17-2006, 08:44 AM
TECH Resident

Question for you,

Why did you not just bolt up the stock brackets to the new seats? Won't they fit? Also, your interior is ebony, yes? How well does the black leather from the seats match the rest of the interior and back seats?! Any info is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by SLPHawk300; 03-17-2006 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:01 AM
TECH Resident

Nice job, any idea of weight saving ?
Old 03-17-2006, 01:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SLPHawk300
Question for you,

Why did you not just bolt up the stock brackets to the new seats? Won't they fit? Also, your interior is ebony, yes? How well does the black leather from the seats match the rest of the interior and back seats?! Any info is greatly appreciated.
Not to answer for the thread poster..but..Our seat rails are flat..you can attach "Most" (most the ones Ive looked into)..onto the stock rails to retain your electirc seat positioning etc...the stock seats should ust un bolt from the rails and you may need to Mfg a "adapter" to mate the two up..a really simple job

And most seats will fit a 34" person..w/o going to the "Wide" seats... or so they advertise..I sat in a CR1 and it was snug..Im 6'1" and about 200lbs 34 in waist

Last edited by BitViper; 03-17-2006 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

omg those seats look so comfortable
Old 03-17-2006, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

AronZ28: YES and YES…these seats are VERY comfortable and not to dog on the stock seats but I would never go back now (Sorry). I also feel that these seats absorb more of the vibrations and rough roads then my stock seats did. The larger side bolsters keep me sung in place on the tight corning too….but I haven’t really had an ”OH ****” moment yet but I’ll keep you posted.

The only negative thing I would say about these seats is that I don’t like the headrest at all, not that functional for the driver. I don’t feel comfortable laying my head that far back and driving….but that’s my personal preference. I’m use to the adjustable headrest in my 330CI. I plan on replacing them later with an adjustable tilting set.

Sgt. Spuds: I haven’t forgot about you dude….things have been crazy at work. I will be at the office again tomorrow and will take some better pictures of the carpet for you.

SLPHawk300: I didn’t use the stock brackets for a couple of reasons: Mainly because I didn’t want to run into any problems with having to fabricate or modify them. This is a busy quarter for me with work so my time is limited. I’m also selling my stock seats and really wanted to keep everything as is, less hassle for me and the buyer.

However, after installing the new seats the ride height is much higher then stock and that’s with the super thin aftermarket brackets. If I had used the stock brackets the seats would have been really high.

I have to admit I was a little concerned about the ebony and black going together but it actually darkened up every thing and give it a really nice two-ton look. I get lots of jaw dropping complements about this mod, needless to say I’m very happy…hope this helps?

ls1mongrel: Weight savings…hmmm…it’s hard to say. The aftermarket carpet was really light compared to the stock carpet. Stock seats combined are lighter too but not by much. Don’t know maybe 40-60 range?? I plan on adding some light weight sound deadener soon though so it will probably be a wash.

BitViper: Thanks for the help

WestSide: Grab some Windex and clean your monitor, you must be seeing things because these seats are really comfortable. Austin is not that far wanna ride….

……Phew…did I get everybody…any more questions…..thanks again for the complements

Last edited by MyKeySS; 03-17-2006 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lookin great
Old 03-17-2006, 09:07 PM
12 Second Club

Interior looks fantastic !
Old 03-17-2006, 11:11 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

No problem man, its a good thing your not really hounding me to sell it lol. The last two times I showed up at work they have told me to come back at another date/time, I gotta go in at 11am tomorrow, and if they give me any **** Im gonna tell em to shuve their job up their ***... Just get back to me when you can

Quick Reply: Pics: Corbeau GTS II seats, carpet, custom mats installed…opinions?