Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

laptop mounting advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default laptop mounting advice

ive got the hp tuners vcm for my car and im using my laptop im my car more than newhere. has ne one mounted a laptop in car or is there some company that might make a stand to get the laptop outta my girlfrinds lap in the passenger seat? lol
Old 04-11-2006, 09:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

afterthoughts (sponsort---->)
They sell a laptop stand that mounts like a police car does. They're hella expensive though. I plan on making my own of a similar design, some others on here have done the same in the past, but I don't think search goes back that far right now.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was looking for one last month. there are several companies that make them, but the only ones that are built worth a crap are $300+

I made one out of a plastic storage drawer I bought at wallyworld, and just strap it into my passenger seat .. but that won't help your GF ..

if you do buy ome of the stands, make sure you get the lid brace .. it is worth the extra $$ I had to fab one for my setup, because the shaky lid was driving me crazy.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I had to do this I would look into fabbing up a replacement lid for the center console. Seems like you could hinge it up to swing vertical and back to stow it out of the way while driving, then flop it back down when needed. Hope you have a small laptop.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default This one works.

I have a low budget holder in my T/A. Found it on eBay for $40. It is made of 1/2" plumbing pipe and a plexi shelf. I put a loom over it and it looks pretty decent. http://cgi.ebay.com/Car-Laptop-Mount...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 04-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Raleigh TA
I have a low budget holder in my T/A. Found it on eBay for $40. It is made of 1/2" plumbing pipe and a plexi shelf. I put a loom over it and it looks pretty decent. http://cgi.ebay.com/Car-Laptop-Mount...QQcmdZViewItem
Had it in my old car, works excellent, but there are somethings to overcome with it

1. Gonna cut up ur hands after the couple hours u spend getting it in the right spot and keeping it tight.
2. u can no longer move your seat forward.
3. If not 100% situated perfect itll get in ur side view mirrors way/or make a blind spot out of the front right porton of ur windshield.
4. VERY VERY BIG DISTRACTION!!!!!!!!!!!

other than that it fukin rox
Old 04-15-2006, 02:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For either of you guys that has that ebay laptop stand:
How high and where does your laptop sit in your car with this stand? Did you have to modify it at all to make it work? Where did you mount the base to?

Quick Reply: laptop mounting advice