Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Drivers seat leaning to the left.......

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Drivers seat leaning to the left.......

Who else has a problem with their drivers seat leaning to the left, that's toward the door panel. I have removed the seat and put some washers under the seat on the mounting studs but it didn't help much because there is only room on the stud for a few washers. Anybody know how to correct this problem?
Old 04-21-2006, 07:35 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gold Z
Who else has a problem with their drivers seat leaning to the left, that's toward the door panel. I have removed the seat and put some washers under the seat on the mounting studs but it didn't help much because there is only room on the stud for a few washers. Anybody know how to correct this problem?
Grab the seat and pull like hell on it untill it's straight... Not kidding, sounds like your seat frame is bent and needs to be bent back.

Normally just the bolsters wear but alot of times the seat frame gets bent from the same reason... people like to find the seat top with their *** before they sit down and then slide in
Old 04-21-2006, 07:44 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are fat. Lose weight.

Just kidding! Honestly you have bent the frame/tracks. You will need to get a new seat and throw out the old one.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gold Z
2002 Camaro, A4, 370 cube, 638 rwhp, daily driver
Maybe you've just been taking the corners too hard with all that power !
Old 04-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 144 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I badly craked my lower seat frame (causeing it to lean back and flex) and had to hammer it back into shape and get it welded and reinforced. I'd recommend dissassembling the seat bottom to look for cracks or bends. You can actually dissassemble the passenger seat and swap the bottoms of the two seats (minus the tracks, keep the tracks on their respective sides). You need to dissassemble both bottoms (pull the cushion off the frame) and move the "threads clip" from one side to the opposite side (its the threads in which the non-lever side of the seat bolts). All the other bolt holes are tapped on both sites of the frame. I had to do this so that I could piece-meal a driver's seat togeter so I could still drive my car to work while my father's friend welded up the brocken seat bottom. I then used the repaired seat bottom (originally from the driver's seat) to reassemble the passenger seat.

Sorry I don't have any pictures, but once you start digging in, you'll see what I mean. Also, I have the base model cloth seats. I don't know if the leather seats are any different.

Last edited by VIP1; 04-21-2006 at 08:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Drivers seat leaning to the left.......