Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Got a new hatch, have a question

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 05:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got a new hatch, have a question

hey guys i got a TA hatch with high rise spoiler today and got rid of my formula hatch. i have a question. there is no weather stripping around the top of the hatch glass near the T-Tops. is this going to leak any rain? also, i am sure i just need to adjust it, but it seems like there is a lot of HUGE space gaps. also, i want to get it ready for painting but im a noob at body stuff. what grit sand paper would i use? the hatch is teal and my car is red. again, im sure i just need to re-adjust it cuz it is really tight on one side and a lot of space on the other. but yeah, i just wanted to know about the weather stripping. thanks! o and the hatch is from a LT1 body and i have an LS1 body. i didnt think it made a difference but just making sure.

Last edited by Syxx613; 04-22-2006 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:53 AM
Launching!

ttt. anyone?
Old 04-23-2006, 12:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at your old spoiler and see if it has weatherstipping where you say it's missing. If it is in fact missing, I couldn't tell you if it will leak or not. Try to use your old stripping. If you don't know what your doing, most body shops prefer you not to mess. If you sand too hard you could mess up the fiberglass. Good luck though.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of our 94 cars has no stripping there and as far as I know it never had (we bought it used in 95 with 22k on it)... It has never leaked at all.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:12 PM
Launching!

ok thanks for the answer for the weather stripping. but what about the paint? what can i use to scuff most of it off. ill be taking it to get it painted tomorrow but if i can save some dough on prep work, i will. and also, i want to get rid of the lettering in the center tail peice section. what do i use to get rid of the lettering. thanks!

Quick Reply: Got a new hatch, have a question