Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

1 oz. zaino = 1 coat?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 oz. zaino = 1 coat?

Wow maybe Im laying it on kinda thick. But seems I am only getting one coat ont he car per half bottle of z5 which is one ounce

Im using the ZFX 4 drops to one ounce of the z5. adding a drop or two per panel or so depending on which area I am at. I am making another bottle now and about to go put on a second layer.. hopefully it was just because the applicator absorbed half of it the first time around.

How many coats are you guys getting per half bottle?

thanks
Old 04-25-2006, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I usually get two coats per 1oz, depends on how much the applicator absorbs though.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:09 PM
10 Second Club

That's what I get. About 2 coats per 2oz bottle. Sometimes I'll have alittle left and I'll put another coat on the roof.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:29 PM
TECH Addict

You guys are applying it far too thick. 1 oz. is plenty for 3 full coats on an f-body. You should *barely* be able to see it going on.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:56 PM
TECH Resident

Well just got done doing a second coat of the z5. Used the same amount mixing as last time, and got one full coat done with about half an ounce less or maybe alittle less. I should be able to squeeze out a third coat after dinner.

Thanks, yeah I know i have been applying it too thick. It completely hazes out the reflection hehe. though once the pad absorbed its fair share the first coat, it didnt absorb hardly any this time.

About how often should we use the same applicator? or rather the same side of the same applicator? I know the ZFX wont be able to get washed out of the mixing bottles if its in there over 12 hours or so.. does it affect the applicators at all if you use them weeks later or such?

Thanks again.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:01 PM
TECH Addict

Before putting any wax or sealant on an applicator, give it a squirt or two of distilled water or QD. Do it again about halfway around the vehicle. This will help it spread better and waste less.

Initially, I squirt the applicator and put an "X" of product across the pad. After that, I only need to add a few drops of product per panel.

When you're done with the applicator, soak it in *hot* water with some Dawn, or you can wash it with your towels, etc.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

great tips thanks. Did my last coat for the night with z5. Will wait until tomorrow evening and do 3 coats of the z2.

Just got it back today after having the slp ho ram air hood painted Got the grills done in silver metallic.. now I need to do the side grills

Quick Reply: 1 oz. zaino = 1 coat?