Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Old key mark... question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 09:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old key mark... question.

i read in the other "keyed car" post that vandalism claims may not raise insurance rates... i wish i had known that a long time ago. lol

my car has had this key mark for about a year now... i dont know much about how insurance works. but the only reason a claim was never filed was because it happened after i put a deposit down on the car. someone keyed it apparently right before i bought it. so he took $500 out of the price as quoted from maaco to fix it... (this is before i knew nething abouts cars and/or body shops). Once I found out Maaco was garbage, I checked some other body shops... and the prices were insane. I would basically need the entire passenger side repainted... what SHOULD this run for a good job? And while this is a long shot, does anyone thing insurance would cover this in any way shape or form?

I went a while and the mark never really bothered me, with some good wax it was hardly visible thanks to the color of the car...But people are starting to notice it more for whatever reason and this damn key mark is really starting to bug the hell out of me. Unfortunately, i just dont have thousands of dollars lying around to fix it right now.

Grr. Hope someone has a solution. Otherwise, I just gotta save up and wait it out til i can afford the fix.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you wanted insurance to cover it then you would just call them and tell them your car got keyed, it'd go on comprehensive insurance.

But that would be fraud because it was there so long ago and you already got reimbursed for it (technically it is up to you to make sure the quote/bodyshop you chose would do the job right).