Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Mounting CME

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mounting CME

Well guys i just picked up my CME valence, and am waiting on the tips, but i have some questions..Whats the best way to mount it? Right now i have a borla exhaust on there..should i cut those tips off and mount the valence first, and when i get the tips take it to an exhaust shop and get the tips on or what is the best way to do it? Also what do i use to mount the valence just some of that 3M double sided sticky tape? What do i use for the 3 holes in, the 2 that are on the sides and the one that mounts in the middle? thanks for the help guys
JacobK
Old 04-30-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

someone has to be able to help me out...TTT
Old 04-30-2006, 02:36 PM
Teching In

Wink

yes u will have to take off the tips so u cant mount the lip, yes most people use the 3m double sided sticky adhesive but get the smallest size u can because the bigger (wider) the adhesive the bigger the gap is gonna be, also u have to drill the middle hole in your bumper once u get the lip mounted and u can use push tabs but alot of people suggest using bolts with a washer on top and on bottom and a nut this is also what i did, u can use the push tabs if u want but i think this setup works and holds better, after that u will have to get an exhaust shop to make u 2 90 degree pipes to connect on to your tailpipes and then have the tips put on u can get the cme tips or use your other ones however im not sure if the other ones will be wide enough to take up the space but good luck
Old 04-30-2006, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

well i already ordered the OEM CME tips..so should i just cut my tips off on my borla then?
Old 04-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Teching In

yes that will save the exhaust shop some time and u some money