Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

paint

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 04:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

Default paint

i have a 2001 firebird with the factory ground effcts and my front bumper looks like it killed a whole generation of nats (looks) there are little white specs all over the front of my bumper but you cant feel them. so my question is. can these be polished out if so is it worth or should i just get it repainted. the reason i say it that way is the front skirts need to be painted as well and i was thinking of haven it molded together i have posted about it before but i like to drive the car and i know if i do that im going to run into trouble if its molded into place.

ne way advice from the pros needed sorry i dont have pics of it my digi is on the fritz
Old 06-09-2006, 01:00 PM
TECH Veteran

ok i guess that answers that
Old 06-09-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

probably rock chips and need repainted. Have any pics?
Old 06-09-2006, 10:17 PM
TECH Veteran

i work at a service department at a dealership that has a body shop and i asked one of them they told me its etched the clear coat and i have one option.

although i ahve to admit i ahve thought about converting to a trans am front bumper and side skirts and rear bumper (already hav ethe hatch) eh i dont know i like the unique look of the w68 kit with the ta spoiler and slp ho hood
Old 06-10-2006, 12:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it's etched clear, and it isn't too deep, you can just compound the surrounding area down and polish it out. As for the TA bumper swap, you can't go wrong either way. Pontiac did a good thing redesigning the V6/Formy bumper.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:05 PM
TECH Veteran

i have often considered but after i saw a photochop someone did for me shaving the liscenc palter area an the front skirts on. im leaning more that way i wish i could find that pic to post it. but i talked to my buddy at the shop today and told him to lok inot how much it would cost for me to have him do it and i might try and cut some corners by sanding and do some minor prep work