Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

pewter camaro's

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 01:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daryl2cb@yahoo.com
Thanks for your opinion, I remember that as I am passing you. So you have a real SS, wow, good for you. Personally my car is faster than an SS so I do not see an issue. It is not like I have a V6 and pawning it off as an SS. most likely your "SS" is a appearance package any way, unless you actually have a build number which I doubt.
... and that, my friends is the sound of the can of worms being opened....

All TRUE SS cars have build numbers and it IS a "Performance/Appearance Package". I don't care for it either, but there will always be posers/cloners who with their conveniently flawed logic think it's cool to slap SS badges on an non-SS car. I don't care if you have a freakin jet engine strapped to back, without the RPO code from the factory, it's not an SS. Deal with it and with the criticism you will get for doing it.

Enough with this business. Bring on more Pewter pics.

Last edited by SuperSport; 06-29-2006 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by daryl2cb@yahoo.com
Thanks for your opinion, I remember that as I am passing you. So you have a real SS, wow, good for you. Personally my car is faster than an SS so I do not see an issue. It is not like I have a V6 and pawning it off as an SS. most likely your "SS" is a appearance package any way, unless you actually have a build number which I doubt.
You're welcome! No need to get all cranky about it... I'm just talking about authenticity, as SuperSport said. My build number is #0034 for 2001 and the number comes with ALL true SS cars. I'm not at all into drag racing, so the speed that I have is pleanty for me. Twisties are my thing, so the car is built fully for that, just as yours is built for the track. We both enjoy our cars, so what's to argue about?
Old 08-03-2006, 06:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Drama aside, thought I'd post some pics I took last nite testin out the new camera. Hopefully get some better pics soon once I figure out all the kewl features and get some better lighting The 'tipless' look is the newest change, used to have the magnaflow 4" inchers on there but they're up for sale in the f/s section now.

Old 08-03-2006, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Could you take some pictures of the car from underneath showing off your tipless exhaust. I have a CME Valance and Stainless tips that are just sitting in my house waiting to be installed, but I can't make up my mind if I want to go that route. Trying to get a good idea of how the tipless is done.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RM99Z
Drama aside, thought I'd post some pics I took last nite testin out the new camera. Hopefully get some better pics soon once I figure out all the kewl features and get some better lighting The 'tipless' look is the newest change, used to have the magnaflow 4" inchers on there but they're up for sale in the f/s section now.

Car looks good Ryan. Isn't that Justins old Z from Tulsa?
Old 08-03-2006, 08:55 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks guys. I'll get some pics tomorrow in the daylight of the exhaust. I can tell you how he did it though. After the bends out of the muffler (toward the back of the car), he cut the tips off and in place of them made a couple of 's' bends that bend the tailpipes up and then drops them back down behind the bumper. If you're in a fairly low car you can see the bottom edge of them underneath. I'm going to shoot some black paint in them this weekend to help hide them better.

Originally Posted by Y2K Pewter SS
Car looks good Ryan. Isn't that Justins old Z from Tulsa?
If he sold it to a guy named Trace then probably, I think he said he bought it from a guy up there.

It's been very well kept and they both had good taste...but I've made a few changes since I bought it
Old 08-03-2006, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

If he sold it to a guy named Trace then probably, I think he said he bought it from a guy up there.

It's been very well kept and they both had good taste...but I've made a few changes since I bought it

Ya, thats it, Justin always took pretty good care of it. Keep up the good work. I like your performance #s in your sig as well, I am gonna be putting a set of the same heads on in a couple months. Hope to see similar #s as you.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

Ryan, great-looking car. Mine will soon have tint, a grille, SS spoiler, and black tail panel as well.

Here's mine:

Old 08-03-2006, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here is how I did my tipless exhaust on my TSP rumbler. I just bought 2 turndowns cut off a bit of the pipe that was existing and clamped on the turndowns. I also painted the entire exhaust black.

here is a pic..

you cany see the exhaust from most angles.

Old 08-04-2006, 12:01 PM
11 Second Club

Scotty-Z, yours looks real nice too.
I'm diggin the headlights, I thought about shining up my old headlights and doing the whistler mod with pewter. Never seen it done but if I could get them so shine up real nice and clearcoat over the pewter inside the case I bet they'd look pretty sharp. I like the halos on my car but the alignment of them sucks! I was planning on reusing the stock brackets but the drivers side was cracked so I was afraid to use it and kept the ones that the halos came with.
Whats up with your CME? No tips? I actually kinda like it with the tips 'hidden' haha

sixvi6- My exhaust is done similar to this, but the tips are up a little higher and pushed back towards the front of the car more. I wanna get mine painted up this weekend too. The muffler on mine is already painted black so all I'll have to do is mask around the tailpipes and shoot some paint on those to help hide em. It definitely looks like it helps to hide it.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:39 PM
TECH Addict

Whats up with your CME? No tips? I actually kinda like it with the tips 'hidden' haha
Tips will be on the car very soon. I need a drillpress to fabricate some rear mounting plates, then they'll go on.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:48 PM
TECH Regular

RM99Z, what spoiler is that? I don't think I've ever seen that one before. Looks good.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mikerulzu
RM99Z, what spoiler is that? I don't think I've ever seen that one before. Looks good.
Its the SLP ultra z..it was on the car when I bought it. It grew on me, when I first bought the car I didnt like it much, but from the sides/front it looks better.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

sixvi6- My exhaust is done similar to this, but the tips are up a little higher and pushed back towards the front of the car more. I wanna get mine painted up this weekend too. The muffler on mine is already painted black so all I'll have to do is mask around the tailpipes and shoot some paint on those to help hide em. It definitely looks like it helps to hide it.

Painting it all balck does help a lot. I was going to put the turndowns on mine farther back but changed my mind. Being able to see the turndowns just a little makes it look like a V6 especially with no rear emblem. Had a several guys in v6 f-bods, stangs, fwd junk pull up behind me thinking they have a V6 camaro to beat, only to get next to me and see the Z28 badges.. lol! this exhaust is more or less temporary anyhow. eventually I'll go LT headers and TD's dumping before the axle.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:17 AM
TECH Addict

Raise here

Old 09-03-2006, 07:33 AM
TECH Addict

keep em comin guys
Old 09-03-2006, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

Glad to see this thread came back. Once I'm done spiffing mine up with some stuff i have coming in the mail and giver her a nice wash, I'll try to get some good pics of mine.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:31 PM
TECH Regular

i can finally join,,,

Old 09-23-2006, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

Well, I'm late. But I want to play too.

Old 09-26-2006, 07:45 PM
TECH Regular

any idea what size the c6 zo6 rims are and what size tire is on them?

Quick Reply: pewter camaro's