Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Zaino question/tips?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 03:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino question/tips?

Just got done with the Zaino clay bar just as the sun set. When it comes back up I get to the fun stuff. My question for you Zaino users is... Do I use Z-2 or Z-5 first? Should I go Z-5, Z-2, Z-5? Or do I just use multiple coats of one or the other? I have plenty of fine scratches especially on the front that I want to rub out which is what the Z-5 is for. Any other Zaino tips?
Old 06-30-2006, 03:56 AM
On The Tree

Z-5 first then Z-2. Spray the applicator down with Z-6 then put Z-5/2 & throught polishing gives you more shine. Z-6 gloss car down between coats & after final coat. Zaino is awesome, yet Z-5 after numerous coats will cover up fine scratches. I buff the scratches out with a porter cable.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DavidH426
Z-5 first then Z-2. Spray the applicator down with Z-6 then put Z-5/2 & throught polishing gives you more shine. Z-6 gloss car down between coats & after final coat. Zaino is awesome, yet Z-5 after numerous coats will cover up fine scratches. I buff the scratches out with a porter cable.

Couldn't of said it better myself.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:16 PM
TECH Resident

He hit the nail right on the head.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:36 AM
Teching In

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I did exactly, well almost, as DavidH426 said. I did not get the final coat of Z6 on as darkness beat me to it, and then rain today. Even after I thought it could not look any better, each coat looked even more spectacular. A few final questions, and I don't mean to sound dumb here but... what is a porter cable, where do I get one and how do I use it? Thanks!
Old 07-02-2006, 10:13 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bryz28
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I did exactly, well almost, as DavidH426 said. I did not get the final coat of Z6 on as darkness beat me to it, and then rain today. Even after I thought it could not look any better, each coat looked even more spectacular. A few final questions, and I don't mean to sound dumb here but... what is a porter cable, where do I get one and how do I use it? Thanks!
Porter Cable is a company that makes varible speed random orbit polishers (and lots of other cool things). It will save wear and tear on your arms and hands when you go to remove the Zaino.....no more hand buffing. You should be able to get them at any hardware strore. I believe Northern Tool and Equipment sells them and they are a board sponsor. Its a nice tool to have in your inventory.

Just GOOGLE "Porter Cable" and the first hit you get will be their website.

And dont worry....your question was not a dumb one.

Oh.....if you have not tried the Grand Finale Spray Seal...I highly recommend it. Use it after the Z6.

R/

Frat
Old 07-02-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bryz28
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/263061-porter-cable-dual-action-polisher-faq.html

-Mike

Quick Reply: Zaino question/tips?