Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

tint question

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 10:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tint question

Well I just got my windows tinted today (20% back 30% front, would have gone darker but i live in CA and have manual windows) and it looks 100 times better than before. The only downside is that i just went outside and noticed that on the drivers side door, there is a spot in the tint where the tint is torn and there is a hole/spot in the tint (about the size of a nail head) and its bugging the **** out of me. Anyways I am hoping that the guy will redo it as it has been about 8 hours since it happened but if he says that I caused it and doesnt fix it, are there any suggestions on a way to fix the problem besides retinting the window.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:51 PM
Launching!

Sounds like you are going to have to have it retinted. If they did it, they should fix it. The place that I go to locally will fix things under the warrenty of the tint manufacture. Hope you went somewhere that was offered. Good luck with your prob though.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:30 PM
PR Director

He should redo it. I just got a car tinted yesterday and before I left the shop had them redo two of the windows because there were scratches in the tint. Did you inspect the windows before you left?
Old 07-02-2006, 06:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

not really, i was late for my smog appointment and didnt see it until i got home. He says that he has a lifetime warranty and I'm hoping for the best. He has done my other cars with no problem but this one is just irratating as hell. He's going to look at it on wednesday.