Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hood to bumper cover gap?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 06:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hood to bumper cover gap?

I've had this problem for a while now and it's been bugging the hell out of me. I took off the front bumper cover about a year ago to get it repainted (rock chips, etc.) and when I went to put it on there was a big gap between the front edge of the hood and the top of the bumper cover. I did not remove/unbolt the hood when taking off the bumper cover, the only thing I removed was the bumper cover itself. The gap is about 1/4 of an inch, which isn't much but is definetely noticable when comparing it to my g/f's SS (hers sits flush with the bumper cover).

I've already tried adjusting those stops on each side in the engine comartment, but that hasn't helped much. Anything else I can do to fix this problem?
Old 09-03-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried to post the question in the Special Edition Vehicles and Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 . It's possible your question just got overlooked. Only 8 looked at it. I don't have any help for you but since you did take the front off, sounds to fishy that now you see a gap. Sounds like something moved.Maybe someone will chime in for you. Goodluck.