Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Car Cover: Really Necessary?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it's parked inside, you can still cover it. I do, it won't hurt anything. But since it's inside, you don't need an expensive one. Any cheap nylon or cloth cover will be fine while it's garaged. Ebay, garage sale, or k-mart/walmart should have some for $15 or less.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:18 PM
TECH Addict

It is a single-car garage with barely any room on either side (you know, those cheap apartment complex garages). No one is going in there but me (and maybe bugs).
Old 10-09-2006, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

For the guys who use cover and park there cars outside. Which ones are you using, and how do you like it?
Old 10-10-2006, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dimitri-
Thats what I thought.. but would it be better than having nothing on at all?
Just wondering cause winters coming and im at college in NH right now w/ no access to a garage.
I would try to find someone with a large garage that would let you store it for CHEAP - that's what I did when I was in college. If you can't pull this off, then I would put a good coat of wax on the car and park it without a cover once the snow begins to fall. Just try to keep the snow brushed off it and maybe wash it on the days that are warm enough over the winter. You can try a good cover if you want, but I have never had much luck with them in bad weather.