Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

headlight wont come off...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 08:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight wont come off...

trying to do the whistler mod to my headlight but the bolt holding it in place just keeps turning in place...
can i just take off the headlight w/o the bracket by the star shaped bolts/screws?
Old 10-12-2006, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

There's another 2 very small screws holding the headlight to the bracket below the star shaped bolt in the middle of the headlight. You'd have to get those also. Don't know if you can get to them. Probably not a good way to go.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:55 PM
12 Second Club

I have heard you have to lossen all those weird looking adjusment screws, then wiggle it out from the side.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am assuming you are talking about the two main bolts that hold the headlight in the car? Basically the L shaped bracket is all that's holding it in the car. The top bolt shouldn't be a problem, that thing comes off easy and I don't think that the nut it screws in to will ever strip since it is welded to the car. The other bolt, which goes through the short end of the L and into the headlight assembly is the one that can potentially be stripped,....asked me how I know.... is that the one that you are talking about that just keeps spinning in place? If that's the case, you probably have to drill hole throught the plastic into the bushing that contains the thread, then stick a thin piece of metal in there to keep it from spinning, then carefully try to get the bolt out. After that, you might as well knock that bushing out and use a nut instead, that's what I landed up having to do.

Quick Reply: headlight wont come off...